1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Rate my armies (2000 points)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Nielspeterdejong, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The question is does the keyword skinks still count toward models that simply have the keyword skink? So if you play that Kroxigor gain their ability by being around Bastiladon, then Tehenhauin can cuff the bastiladon. But if you or your group rules that keyword skinks is different from keyword skink, then the bastiladon can not gain the benefit of Tehenhauin 's command ability. Which I just realized doesn't matter because he isn't your general.

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I take the scarvet to re-roll hit rolls, but I like this list with the priest better. Re-rolling saves would be more important in my mind than re-rolling wounds.

3. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

Though don't you already get to reroll saves and hit rolls of 1 thanks to the Slann and the skink priest? With that in mind, is the extra attack buff of the scar vet better or worse thrn the rerolling of wounds of 1?

4. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Alternatively, how good is the sunblood? Couldn't I just take the scar veteran on cold one, and oldblood, and just have 20 points to spare? Or is the Sunblood's command too good to pass on?

5. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Alright, I just did my last edit :) This should all be the final and tweaked versions (added Saurus might, and changed the former Saurus might into "Manly Saurus" unfortunately you have to choose between a Skink priest and a Starpriest, you can't have both).

6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You might be right here, if you already reroll your hits, take the old blood instead. Sunblood os a beast but you have to maximize potential.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  7. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

True, but I already reroll hits of 1. It's not as good as rerolling all failed hits, but with 3+ attack on the warrior their clubs I think the rerolling of wound rolls of 1 sounds better.

Bowser likes this.
  8. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I was agreeing with you, typod right for tight. You're absolutely right here! Take the old blood to reroll the wounds.

9. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Alright! Also I realised that the max amount of heroes is 6, so I can't take both the starpriest and the skink priest ^^;

Which of those two would you take? I love the idea of the starpriest giving that juicy buff to my 40 warriors to deal double damage on a 6 wound roll, and also give them a -1 on all attacks against them buff. Though if you take the Skink priest you have a 50% chance to also allow your close units to reroll saves in melee and not just range.

Bowser likes this.
  10. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I prefer the Starpriest in this one. The fact that if you need him to he can unbind and cast mystic shield. But yeah, his own spell and ability are pretty powerful.

11. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

We
    ll I was thinking of using my Slann for the mythic shield and my starpriest for the -1 on all hits agains them. Should I cast both on my warriors and let them charge in first alone? Or charge im all, attack first with my warriors, meaning I should cast those two spells on someone else?

Bowser likes this.
  12. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

That's completely dependant on how he sets up and what terrain and scenarios you are playing with. You will see your options as you play, and will have to make that choice when you see it all.

13. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Alright, thanks for all the tips! Also I think I finally have my army list ready :) I've changed Hurricanum Kickassum as well, based on your suggestions. What do you think of it?

Bowser likes this.
  14. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Your opponent is still going to hate you when he can't kill your bastiladon, but not as much as last time! :p

15. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

I can live with that! :D

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Bowser likes this.
  16. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Oh, and about the #1 manly saurus army. I'm a bit torn between using Saurus guards and the eternity Warden (and getting Triumph), and keeping the sar vet on cold one and the knights.

I realised that if my army is not the one initiating the attack, then they will be on the receiving end, and they are kinda vulnerable. Especially since you need 30+ for the extra attack!

Isn't it better to just put a unit of 10 guards, and one of 5 in front of them, so that they can take the blunt of the attack, and next round the warriors can attack?

As for Triump, you get that if you have less points then your opponent right? And you can pick a triump for one of your units which you can use once? (If I can pick, it will be rerolling of saves).

Bowser likes this.
  17. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You get a triumph if you have less points than your opponent, but you roll to see what you get. No choosing. But the guard idea is smart, they are a bit tougher and can take a bit more.

18. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Yeah, my thoughts as well. But now for the priest: Should I take that starpriest and increase my warrior's damage tremendously, while casting his "-1 on all hits against the target" buff on my 10 guard unit? Or should I get the skink priest who only has a 50% chance to give melee reroll saves as well? But for everyone? I still want to keep the army casual, yet somewhat competetive.

Bowser likes this.
  19. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

In this case I would go with the priest. Ensure you get the chance at the rerolls.

20. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

T
    the rerolls on saves? Got it!

Though the last time I played these guards with rerolls the enemy opponent friends said they didn't want to play against my army ^^;

Do you think I should use the Starlriest and take it easy on them? Or use the priest since he can provide a challenge? Even if the rerolls have a 50% chance?

Bowser likes this.