1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Reaper Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by strewart, Mar 14, 2012.

1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Hey all, I saw a Reaper Lizardman model which I thought looked pretty cool and was worth sharing since lots of people have been looking for alternate models lately. At 54mm, it might be a bit too big for an Old One, depending on whether it will go on a 25mm base or not, but it could make a cool unit filler or part of a display piece.

30015_p_1_mj.jpg

Link.

Reaper is worth keeping an eye on in the coming months. Like many other companies, it is starting to dabble in resin-plastic. The hybrid plastic material which can capture the same detail as metal or resin without the drawbacks of either and for a much cheaper cost. Mantic and Privateer Press are probably the leaders in using it so far. It looks like the Reaper ones are going to be very cheap for qute high quality detailed sculpts!

2. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

Thanks Strewart for the heads up! I didn't know that Reaper was going to plastic. Glad to hear it!

I've been collecting the metal figures for quite some time (read decades) being my gaming groups designated DM and I've always desinged encounters and dungeon delving with miniatures and battle mats and more recently with Dwarven Forge 3D Master Maze sets.

I've really liked most of the Reaper range of miniatures so far and thought I would share with all of you some of their earlier lizardmen range from 1999 which I bought with intentions of painting, though they have seen many D&D encounters!

I'll be looking for those newer style Reaper mini's. :D

- Lord Cedric

Attached Files: