1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Remembering the rules

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by SilverFaith, Jul 16, 2014.

1. SilverFaith
    Terradon

SilverFaith Member

So, not sure where to put this, but "rules help" seems appropriate, so here goes.

I forget my rules quite often. Like, what does it mean that it iis a skirmisher, what special rules does this unit have, and what do they do, etc.

How do you people remember all of the rules? I had an idea about making standard playing card sized "reminders", a lot like the spell cards. But I just can't fit so much information on one card.

I use battlescribe, but it doesn't seem to help much, when I can't actually remember what the rules does.

Does any of you have some good methods on how to remember everything?

2. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

I tend to just remember them. put bookmarks in the BRB on the important pages. THe more you play, the more you'll remember

3. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

First rule of thumb is to work on your own army first and try to master the rules for them before worrying about everything else. This allows you to start with a fairly basic build and then start adding more special/rare troops later as they tend to have more special rules that apply. As the basic rules are mastered, they become ingrained and you will find you are not "thinking" about them as they are second nature. You can then add a unit with more rules (i.e. chameleons with scout, rippers with KB, vanguard, AP & frenzy, and so on) one at a time until you are comfortable with the "new" rules and then move on.

4. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

My 2p - I also have a tendancy to forget rules (often at crucial moments - D'Oh!).

I use an app called Quartermaster on my Ipad which while it lists the magic items and their effect, doesn't list specific rules. So I highlight the magic items and then handwrite any specific rules next to an entry - Say Stomp next to kroxigors, what Frenzy does etc etc.

Doesn't stop me forgetting, but I do forget fewer rules.

Also, like the man said, play more, remember more!

5. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

I find a pictorial reminder helps:

concernm.jpg

Link- Spawning of Bob - Special Rules

I also have a very small font A4 sheet with every the statlines, points, points for command, AS, parry and applicable rules (eg. Steg Giant Bow - Always Miss)

Of course if this fell into the wrong hands GW (Slow to FAQ, magically reduces bank balance) would come after me with a GW (attack strength+2, ASL)

6. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

IMMUNE TO PSYCHOLOGY IS MY FAVOURITE.

The caps lock was an accident, but I think it's fitting, so i'm leaving it like that.