1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Removing the ledge wich fixes the mini to the base

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Portgas, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Portgas
    Skink

Portgas Member

Hey friends!
    I was thinking of removing the ledge the tittle says, this one being more specific
    IMG_4009.JPG

I think that removing this thing will actually help me to paint some of the of the tail and the inner legs better, but i have some questions about it.
    Did any of you tried to do this? Removing this ledge may cause problems in the future when trying to atach the miniature to a painted base? I'll be better to look for plain bases insted of the ones that have the hole for this ledge?

Thanks to all, have fun with your lizzi's!

Aginor and Crowsfoot like this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Snip it off using some wire cutters then trim it flat with a hobby file or craft knife, be careful and always cut away from your body.
    When you come to base the mini paint the under side of the models feet white then position it on the base this will mark the base out so you can see where it needs glueing, I do this as I use plastic glue, if your using superglue no need to mark the base just glue in place.

Aginor likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Pretty much what @Crowsfoot said. Works without problems.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. Portgas
    Skink

Portgas Member

Thank you all, those are really good tips, will try to do what you are saying and leave the base marked with the saurus position

SlanntaClause and Crowsfoot like this.