Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Crowsfoot, Mar 28, 2015.
Here ya go,
VERY NICE! What model is that on top of the rock? (the one with the helmet)
It's an Ogre brute, he originally had a mace but I converted to a sword as it just felt right.
Got a night goblin hot air balloon 60% done which I started in the 80ies!
That is so cool! Started in the 80's... makes me feel better about taking forever to paint my models. Any plans to finish it up?
Yes I'm on with it now along with this,
Good start... you're quite the industrious painter!
I have around 200 models to paint so I need to keep busy......
@Caprasauridae added a bit more to the skink head dress,
Looks great, so much better now! And learning how to edge highlight is seriously useful. I'm painfully trying to get better at it, despite my shaky hands constantly getting it the way.
And wow, miniatures sure have come a long way in 20-30 years. Is that hot air balloon made fully out of pewter? And how does it stay up, is there a rod underneath it that just can't be seen in the pictures?
The balloon is made from milliput (no green stuff back then) formed over a light bulb when still wet I folded florist wirs over the shape, then when dry I smashed and removed the bulb, holding it up is a piece of piano wire (first pic far right rope) which is incredibly strong for it's size, it is drilled into a metal plate which is under the polyfiller.
Very impressive, I though it was an actual GW model! How did you break the pulp without breaking the milliput?
With great care, it was a very slow job of using a very thin screw driver and flicking out the glass, once out I resculpted the bottom.
Ok guys bit more done on bassy,
As always comments welcome.
Awesome stuff... it's coming along nicely!
Can't wait to see it finished! Awesome work as usual man
Cheers guys but im not sure looking at it again, the transition of colour isn't dramatic enough for me, I think it needs lighter highlights.
This model is an experiment with just dry brushing the base coat, I started with red, orange, yellow base and then washed it all with agrax earthshade then dry brushed all the scales red, orange, yellow but in the opposite position to the base and then screaming skull and white scar all over, heavier at the edges followed by a yellow glaze, not sure it's worked.
I think the technique worked, it looks really good. The pictures show couple spots where the streaks can be seen, mainly in the last one, the head shot. The spikes are maybe a bit too streaky, at least up close. And maybe you could continue with the red further along it's tail, it looks a bit plain in all yellow. But these very minor things, the blending you achieved with just try brushing is incredible. I'm going to try something similar some day, when a suitable model comes along. Really looking forward to more pictures!
Think your right, again!
I will do more on him Monday, just watched a superman cartoon and the explosions had the effect im trying to achieve so hopefully will be able to mimick it.
I know this is a lot to ask but I would love it if you were able to do a tutorial on painting sometime