1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Returning Player, Help with Color Scheme

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Aceon, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Aceon
    Jungle Swarm

Aceon New Member

Hey everyone, returning player here. I've just come back to the hobby after a ~10 year hiatus and I'm trying to come up with a color scheme for my Seraphon army. I really like the colors of the Dracothion's Tail battalion, as I'm a fan of the use of yellow, but I'm considering tweaking the scheme to use shades teal or turquoise for the skin and scales instead of the blues. I might even invert the scheme and go with yellow skin and teal/turquoise scales.

How do you guys feel about those choices? What specific GW paints of those colors do you think would be most complementary and fitting? I want to utilize a color scheme that I like and is unique, without coming off garish or busy. Trying to decide before I start buying the paints. Opinions welcome.

Thanks!

n810, Aginor and Crowsfoot like this.
  2. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Welcome back! As someone who has done a lot of painting over the last 15 years, you are in for a treat. It is so much easier to turn out a high quality product than it was. In terms of colors, etc. I'd recommend finding a base, a layer, and maybe a wash and/or an edge paint and running with it. For teal, either Stegadon Scale or Incubi Darkness followed by Sotek Green would work. (Citadel Paint app recommends Coela Greenshade in between.) For yellow, Averland Sunset- Casandoea Yellow- Yriel Yellow should work. I'd recommend downloading the Citadel Paint app as well. It is a big help.

Aceon, Aginor and Crowsfoot like this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!
    And I agree that the app is pretty good for that purpose.

Aceon likes this.
  4. Aceon
    Jungle Swarm

Aceon New Member

Thanks guys! The color recommendations really helped and the app is very useful. Hoping to start painting soon, waiting for it to warm up some so I can start priming. Looking forward to being back in the hobby.

Aginor and Crowsfoot like this.
  5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning