1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Returning to AoS and taking my Seraphon in a new direction

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by TMTMTPoS, Aug 24, 2017.

1. TMTMTPoS
    Skink

TMTMTPoS Member

Hi everyone,

I was around for a short while on these forums about a year ago as I started to build up a Seraphon army. Unfortunately life got in the way a bit but I am now free to continue expanding the force. However, following some test games I've been pretty disappointed with my saurus guard centric force as it turns out mortal wounds are extremely painful to me (been using 30 in an eternal starhost).

Judging by a lot of other posts trying to expand even further to 45 of them wouldn't really fix my problems so I would like to go in a new direction (although if anyone can vouch for it I'm down). I'm a pretty big fan of all the units Seraphon have, although I prefer saurus to skinks.

So what army lists could you recommend? I see a lot of allies popping up and would prefer to avoid them, although this is by no means a definite rule. I would love to discuss good ways to build to a reasonably competitive 2000 point list so I can start to play in small competitions. I know I haven't actually provided a list here but I wouldn't like to get my heart set on another list that struggles to win so I'm trying to stay open.

My local meta has lots of stormcast and death, a little chaos and next to no destruction.

Thank you for any help and advice you can give!

TMTMTPoS

P.S. My collection of models is small so I'm not trying to build around them - I'm expecting to rebuild from scratch.

darren watson and Crowsfoot like this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome back

I would get the Generals handbook 2 first and build from there, things are changing and we now have an official allie in Stormcast Eternals (wow surprise) and adding certain units from that range can vastly change a Seraphon force.

darren watson, Aginor and TMTMTPoS like this.
  3. TMTMTPoS
    Skink

TMTMTPoS Member

Wow, is there? I remember the first one coming out only just before I left! I'll make sure to grab one and give it a read as soon as I can.

Aginor and Crowsfoot like this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

It's on pre order now on GW website. ;)

Aginor and TMTMTPoS like this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome back!
    The GHB2017 will be in stores on Saturday, and I think most of it will plan from there. :)

Crowsfoot and TMTMTPoS like this.
  6. Kadanga
    Saurus

Kadanga Active Member

There is so much potential for a lot of fantastic lists with the new allegiance/traits/artifacts/point-costs for us.

My top list picks:
    1. @darren watson has an interesting list centered around Lord Kroak that I personally would like to try. I am building towards this one atm.
    2. A BIG shadowstrike, can be used as a base for larger games or just add a skink chief for 1000pt games.

40 Skinks 200
    40 Skinks 200
    6 Rippers 280
    Starpriest 80
    Shadowstrike 170
    Total: 930

3. The Dracothions Tail Battallion using above mentioned shadowstrike and a firelance starhost.

But it's hard to pick between our choices, because about everything sounds awesome right now.

Crowsfoot, TMTMTPoS and Aginor like this.
  7. TMTMTPoS
    Skink

TMTMTPoS Member

Thanks for these suggestions, I've looked at the list by @darren watson and it looks really interesting. The second list you posted also looks like a very solid base for an army! I'll hold out on buying anything new for a little while longer but this is great food for thought.

Aginor, Kadanga and Crowsfoot like this.