1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Ruins of Chicxulub

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Kroq, May 17, 2014.

1. Kroq
    Cold One

Kroq New Member

Hi all,
    Going to start this Plog to keep me motivated, get feedbacks,advices and critics
    I'm going to include many OOP miniatures in the army and i'll try to theme it with things such as skull helmets, and avian dinosaurs from culchan to vultures....
    This is the first model i painted as i've two of it:

2014_05_17_10_31_12.jpg 2014_05_17_10_31_50.jpg

2. Silverblight
    Skink

Silverblight New Member

Oooh, I love that frill. Old skinks definitely had more frill-space to make cool designs on.

3. Kroq
    Cold One

Kroq New Member

Thanks, yes you are right in 5th edition for background reasons skink champions used to have pretty big crests, the pattern i've painted is inspired by JP Dilophosaurus
    12-Dilophosaurus.png

and now a question for all of you, as i don't like bright colours as blue and red and so on on saurus warriors, which color schemes would work on them? i was thinking about something in between crocodiles and komodo dragons, with only some colorful stripes or spots to show their blessing spawn...but i'm open to all ideas! :)

4. Kezza921
    Skink

Kezza921 New Member

If your going down the path of the frill I would suggest you look at a frill-necked lizard. One of the only things in Australia that can't kill you...it doesn't stop it from trying :D

5. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I like it. The war paint look is something I wish we had more of.