1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Rules for summoning and celestial rites

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Stega, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Stega
    Skink

Stega Member

Hi,

A combined post because I have two questions.

The first one is relating to summoning. If I have multiple models of the same type, for example - salamanders, I know I can summon one for 6 CCP. If I have 12 CCP, can I summon them in one unit, to allow me to teleport them the next turn together, or are they treated as separate units, meaning I can only teleport one? The same would apply for skinks, can I summon one 30 skink unit for 18 CCP? Or do they have to be in blobs of 10?

As for celestial rites, when the prayer is made, with priestly trappings the rule is that the prayer affects "any unit within 8"". Does this effect wear off if the unit moves outside of the 8" range of the prayer, for example, say I've got a stegadon and I want it to reroll saves, can I make the prayer, charge the stegadon at a unit over 8" away from the skink priest and still have rerolls to save? Or does the skink priest need to be within 8" at the time when the saves are being rolled?

Thanks and look forward to your responses.

2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Nope, you can't combine the summons. Which frankly is a shame.

The stegadon needs to be in range when the priest prays so during the hero phase. It can then go and charge of into the distance and retains the buff.

Similarly, if the priest prays and after that the stegadon moves into 8" it doesn't get affected by the rites as the rites have already finished.

Ecozh, Killer Angel and Aginor like this.
  3. Stega
    Skink

Stega Member

THANKYOU!

That's a fantastically clear response. I was going to take 3 salamanders for summoning but I think I'll take them as a starter unit now. This should hopefully work in the tournament tomorrow...

I'm taking a stegadon and a bastiladon with the priest, he can buff them and the stegadon can use the alpha ability to buff the basti :)

Canas and Ixt like this.
  4. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

Just commenting to spread the Stegadon love. :)

Aginor likes this.