1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Ryan's Flaming Lizard Shelf

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Ryanj4043, May 23, 2020 at 5:33 PM.

1. Ryanj4043
    Jungle Swarm

Ryanj4043 New Member

So one of my favourite things about the hobby is outright building and painting the plastic crack. I'll get to playing at some point but first things first i need a legion of flaming lizards.

After mulling around with the order lore and the realms. Aqshy immedately jumped out to me along side the idea of what if a temple ship lost its slann as such the flaming legion was born.
    I should probably start at my first seraphon model, de facto leader of the flaming legion, and my favourite model the Skink Star Priest:
    20191026_192805.jpg

This was my first attempt at something so small and it turned out well and suited my concept, but could have been much better. The idea behind him was that he is one of the first to be spawned in Aqshy and took on the red colouring. The scale also were my attempt to be magma like, but i didnt have a fine enough detail brush to be super happy with the result. My next attempt at this model came with my start collect skink box:
    20200523_172149.jpg

This one stuck to a more classic Skink scheme of light blue, and darker scales and is about 35 models later in terms of experince. This guy might become a starseer if i can kitbash a nice enough palaquin for him. I have 2 ideas, one requires more skinks and foam, the orther more foam but less skinks. I'll continue this blog in some chronological order going through my saurus start collecting and them my skink one and beyond maybe into what ever else i'm painting.

Aginor, Imrahil, Nazqua and 2 others like this.
  2. Sudsinabucket
    Troglodon

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

I really dig your fluff idea, and the models look great! Well done :) looking firears to seeing more and I really hope you expand more on your factions lore!

Nazqua and Ryanj4043 like this.
  3. Ryanj4043
    Jungle Swarm

Ryanj4043 New Member

Thanks, i really like skink starpriest model but the feathers behind the head and the extended arm really require super glue to stay put. I do have a little more for the faction regard how they burst into flame in the heat of combat.

Nazqua likes this.
  4. Nazqua
    Bastiladon

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Really liking those skink priest feathers, especially the second one and how the warmer colour contrast so nicely with those of the skink. Keep it up

5. Ryanj4043
    Jungle Swarm

Ryanj4043 New Member

Thanks as i painted more models and got more input from my fiancee the colours became much better. the first few are a bit red then they start to become more colourful.

Sudsinabucket and Nazqua like this.
  6. Ryanj4043
    Jungle Swarm

Ryanj4043 New Member

I've got a lot of models to get through so i better start posting more. Next up was my start colleting saurus box i got in decemeber and the first model i made was the Scar Veteran on Carnosaur. I regret not making this an old blood but i think the next one will be a good tribute to kroq-gar. This was also my first model with a bit more of a story all because that seat is honestly not very good to stick him into.
    20200525_180552.jpg
    In fact i ended up snapping the back nearlly off by accident. I eneded up gluing it together again and saying screw it, so i glued the scar veteran to the base in a back to back position with his mount since it require much less pressure. Super glue would have avoid this, but hindsight is 20/20.
    20200525_180610.jpg
    This did however, get some creative juices flowing and i got the idea into my head that the story behind this model was that: The rider and mount were hunting scaven in the forests only to be ambushed and the rider flung from his mount. Surrounded he composed himself for the vermintide he would have to endure, eventually for his mount to realise, come back and face the furry fury together, master and beast. I even threw some stirling mud on the rider to make him look like he ate the dirt as he landed.
    20200525_180618.jpg

I really enjoyed painting the carnosaur, and this is a model i'd love to go back to rebuild and redo again, however plastic glue is just a little too permament. I will probably get a second start collecting Seraphon box at somepoint, and build an old blood on carnosaur and really put some effort into it, as well as getting a solid 1000-1500pts for play.

This was also the first model I based properly and I liked the mud theme, It screamed jungles and "strange armies in even stranger lands" and decided to keep it as my armies basing theme.
    Also since its semi relevant to basing here is my 40k theme for anytime i like a model in that range:
    40k models.jpg
    I think the Lord of Contagion is by far my favourite 40k model and if more deathguard were like him, i would be saving for Mortarian.

Aginor and Imrahil like this.