1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Sacred Asterism During the First Turn

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Putzfrau, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

I was wondering how you all play this.

Do you get a Sacred Asterism at the top of the first turn if you have the bottom? Basically, before you've had a hero phase, is there a Sacred Asterism active?

It seems like the answer is no, but just wanted to make sure. This is basically in reference to the Sage's Staff being able to be used on unbinding rolls.

Sacred Asterism Language:
    "At the start of your hero phase, you can pick 1 of the following asterisms to be in ascendant until your next hero phase."

The Sage's Staff Language:
    "In the hero phase, pick 1 friendly seraphon wizard. You can add 1 to casting or dispelling rolls for that Wziard if it is your hero phase, and you can add 1 to unbinding rolls for that wizard if it is the enemy hero phase."

2. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

I read that as a definite no.

The rule for picking an asterism specifcally says at the start of "your" hero phase, not "in the hero phase". Since your hero phase hasnt happened yet, you dont get to pick one of the three abilities.

Technically you could pick the Sage's Staff in your hero phase, give hero X +1 to cast. Once it is your enemy's hero phase, you can pick hero Y to get +1 to unbinding.

xoid and Putzfrau like this.
  3. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Cool, thank you! It read that way to me as well.

Grotpunter likes this.