1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sacred Host of Tepok Painting Blog

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Deathfrisbee2000, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

So a lot of people seem to be making one topic for their army work and just adding to it as the army grows, so I shall too. The (very) basic fluff behind my army is that it's a Sacred Host, all marked by Tepoc, thus, the purple markings that runs through all the models. War Beasts not spawned are still marked purple with paint by the skinks.

To start with, I'll throw up some repeats:

First, my mounted scar-vet. Eventually he'll become a Cold One champion when I get more points, but for now, he's in charge.
    Scar-Vet2.jpg

Scar-Vet1.jpg

Next, my skinks. Something was up with my matte finish spray and they came out a little frosted. I've since switched to a new bottle and haven't had the same problem.
    DSCI0029.jpg

DSCI0027.jpg

DSCI0022.jpg

Now for the new. I just finished my first unit of Saurus. If their hands look a little funny they started out with spears, then I read about parry saves. So now they're sword-and-board.
    DSCI0170.jpg

Champion doesn't have much to mark him from the rest of the unit but his fully purple crest. I figure the lizards more marked by Tepok are more strategists, and thus, put in charge.
    DSCI0172.jpg

Finally, a shot of Tony (get it, 'cuz he's the boss?) sittin' pretty with his Saurus home-boys.
    DSCI0182.jpg

Yeah, I gotta do the movement tray, but I'm still debating if I wanna paint it black (I like simple) or go for broke and grit-n-grass it up.

Anyway, next, I'm planning (that's the key word) on painting up a trio of terradon riders. I'm thinking bright yellow with blue or green markings (and purple hand-prints, of course).

--DF2K

2. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

Lookin' good! Can't wait to see more! :smug:

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Nice - the purple really stands out on those saurus.

4. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

I agree with Strewart. The purple does look very nice. I also want to note that I like the way you did the crest of the skinks. Very nice.

5. CaptMac
    Skink

CaptMac New Member

I shall be stealing you purple styleings directly.

6. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Just finished my terradons. I was so annoyed with these guys because I wasn't clever enough to figure out a way to paint them without touching the actual model, so they're definitely not my best work. I just wanted to get them done with. But, here they are.

DSCI0123.jpg
    Again, mounts have the purple handprints painted on to tie them in with the Tepok theme of the army.

DSCI0118.jpg

Also, I started on my Slann. I've completed his base. Second time I've used greenstuff and water effects. I'm prouder of this than my terradons.

DSCI0125.jpg
    Front view

DSCI0127.jpg
    Back view. I've decided to mark all characters in this army by placing a skull on their base.

Oh, and can someone move this to the painting log section? Thanks.

--DF2K

7. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

I missed your plog the 1st time around but I must say there is a lot of great work here!!! I really dig what you did with the Slann base, it looks really good. I also like your idea of war paints a lot!!!!

Looking forward to seeing more!

8. Kadzik
    Skink

Kadzik New Member

Slann base is great! How did you use water efect? Did you simply paint interior blue and add this water fluid?

9. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Yep!

--DF2K

10. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

And here he is, my Slann. I am extremely proud of this miniature. He's no 'Eavy Metal, but he is by far the best mini I've painted. Enjoy.

DSCI0117.jpg

DSCI0121.jpg

DSCI0127-1.jpg

DSCI0137.jpg

The only part I'm not a fan of is the horns.

--DF2K

11. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Well done my friend, love the bold paint job on the Slann. :D

12. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

I must say that the choice of color on the Slann is audacious but it looks really good. I agree that the horns could use a little more work but the rest looks awesome :D.

13. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Here's my skink priest. Lighting isn't the best, I need to work on setting up an actual miniature studio.

DSCI0118-1.jpg

DSCI0124.jpg

--DF2K

14. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

That's a good looking skink priest. I would very much like to see a picture with better lighting. Also, please update this thread more often, it's always such a pleasure :D.

15. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Thanks, SeBM. I'm posting as fast as I can paint 'em. I'm currently working on a saurus unit filler. That'll be posted when finished.

--DF2K

16. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Finished my first Saurus Filler. Definitely nothing fancy, but I wanted to go easy my first go 'round. Second one should have more to it.

DSCI0126.jpg

DSCI0118-2.jpg

Next up is my Stegadon carrying an EoTG. *deep breath* This is gonna be a project...

--DF2K

17. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

What did you use for that base?

Looks really good by the way. Great work.

18. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Thanks!

For the stone in the back, I used the bit of rock that the Stegadon is supposed to be stepping on for his base. I threw on some plastic skulls, and the serpent head is the top of a saurus banner painted to look stone. The other rocks were cork board. Then grit and static grass. Pretty easy.

--DF2K

19. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Cool, what about the actual base? Is that a standard base or some kind of plasticard?

20. dictator
    Cold One

dictator New Member

The filler looks great. Keeping the idea simple and looking good is what it's all about. I look forward to seeing what you will produce for the next one.