1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Salamander or Razordon

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Saniles, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Saniles
    Skink

Saniles New Member

Hey guys,
    I don't really Lizardmen.... So I'm trying to figure out what is useful and what is not. To start, how useful are salamanders compared to razordons??

My opponents will not include Brets, Empire, High Elves, TK, VC, DoC or beastmen.

2. Ersh
    Cold One

Ersh Active Member

Salamanders are good vs low AS/T infantry (elves, skaven, etc). Razordons are just shooters with BS3 S4. So...

n810 likes this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Razordons are cheaper, have a nice shooting range and a solid Stand and Shoot. They're going to develope a huge number of ranged attacks (which is good), but they also have only BS3.
    They surely can wipe away chaff units, fast cavalries and similar, but by themselves are not exceptional: to make them shine, you need to boost them with magic (a Group of 6 razordons with hand of glory can kill almost anything)

Sallies cost more, and against some armies they are pitifully weak (templates against ogre aren't a great kind of attack).
    However, even if nerfed in the transition from 7th to 8th, they're still a potent unit. The chance to force panic tests is valuable, but again, you need the right target (large groups of infantry, low LD units, and so on).

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

As mentioned above, Salamanders and Razordons have different ideal uses and will consequently excel against different types of targets. However, if creating an all comers list, I'd go with Salamanders over Razordons. Skinks can provide a very similar output as Razordons, whereas Salamanders provide a unique tool that can't be found elsewhere in our army. For me, 1-2 Salamanders are pretty much an auto-include in my all comer lists.

5. Saniles
    Skink

Saniles New Member

Ok. Thanks a bunch guys. This was really helpful for me. I will most certainly have more questions and I try and feel out what is worth it or not and why. I've got like 5 armies in trying to understand how to field well, so there is a lot rattling around upstairs

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

You're welcome. Feel free to ask opinions on other armies, after all many of us play different races...

7. Lizardmen!!
    Skink

Lizardmen!! New Member

Salamanders combined with Walk Between World is absolutely deadly.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  8. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Salamanders better against large units, Razordons are better against small units and single targets.

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Indeed... very potent!