1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Salamanders or Razordons

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by aadlind, Jan 10, 2020.

1. aadlind
    Jungle Swarm

aadlind New Member

I am pretty new to AoS but I have always thought that Razordons and Salamanders looks really cool. I wonder which of them are better and I would also like to know the importans of Skink handlers.
    I also wonder if you think that they will change the Razordons or Salamanders in the next rumoured update.
    Hope you can help me and have a great day!

2. Chris Davies
    Skink

Chris Davies New Member

Both benefit from the handlers in different ways however due to the Razordons not needing them for the range, the razordons make a good unit on there own without them (get re-roll hits of 1 if within 3" of the handlers) Where as the salamanders only have an 8" range without them (increasing to 12" when within 3" of the handlers) The salamanders benefit a lot more from the handlers than the razordons.

Im hoping for new salamander models in the update as the current salamander models are very dated (E.G. i used them in WFB and still use metal versions in AoS) I think the Razordon models are fine and look like they should (Defensive and Spiky!!)

I hope this helps

Dr.Doom, aadlind, Lizerd and 2 others like this.
  3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Razordons are more universally effective.

They can also be placed into shooting range via Lords of Space and Time. To get the Salamanders into range you have to jump the Handlers with them. At which point 6 Razordons jumped via LoSaT is much better than 3 Salamander and Handlers.

If you plan to run a Saurus Astrolith Bearer then you might not need the rerolls from the Handlers. Depending on how you deploy and how aggressive you plan to be with your Razordons.

Dr.Doom, Aginor, Dreamkeeper and 4 others like this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

As said, razordons are easier to be teleported and more efficient then sallies. Your 3-dinos unit don't require handlers.
    defensively, razors are also great when summoned, as you call in 3 single razors (not a unit of 3), so each one rolls for reaction when charged.

Sallies are useful when you fight something and you need high rend.
    IMO they give the top when you use a Thunderquake, as the battalion already requires handlers: with handlers at hand, sallies are really effective, as you can move the handlers, summon sallies and shoot... possibly with a Astrolith bearer.
    At that point, sallies are probably more useful then razors, but that optimal situation is not so usual.

Against something that ignores rend, go razordons all the way.

Dr.Doom, Aginor, Dreamkeeper and 3 others like this.