1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Saurus models amongst GW's worst?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by samheim, Aug 10, 2019.

1. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

Yea that was dumb! that mortar team was really the cool.

I don't like how they divided up the Skaven now. It is a really good idea in principle. But the build I like would be one with Grey seer on screaming bell, Warp lighting cannon, rat ogres, clan rats, storm vermin, skaven slaves and Jezails. + some rat swarms and hell pitt abomination.

I think the way they have it, where it is narrow selection of all one thing is a bit poo really. I would have like to seen a clan with a more generalised selection. I can live without the Vermin Lord. Well no I can't actually.

I would not like to see that happen to Seraphon where the Skinks are away from the Saurus.

But this is again strange because the new battle tombs for free peoples and Orcs are all about bringing things together.

2. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Sorry, i'm not totally sure what you're saying here. You might be misunderstanding the Skaven book because you can totally bring that list.

samheim likes this.
  3. samheim
    Ripperdactil

I meant the battalions. So if you want a pestilence army you can only bring plague monks etc.

4. samheim
    Ripperdactil

As Skaventide you can bring the army but not as say moulder. Which is dumb, because the clans would buy other rat men from other clans, but then they would make them their own.

5. samheim
    Ripperdactil

But then actually the way Age of Sigmar is, it is really good. And that plague monks can be part of Nurgle is really cool. That might actually be army Nurgle. I would do Slannesh but no mortal followers.

6. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Ok, please bear in mind that I have 0 intrest in dark elfs, them being one of my least intrested factions in the whole game (i even lie Dwarfs better!),

That being said, i am looking now, and they look AMAZING! all the sudden the cold ones I have look cartoony and stupid.

7. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Every individual clan gets their own little bonus, even as part of a more mixed skaventide army. The only thing having a pure clan gets you is access to unique battleline options.

Sorry, i guess i'm still not really following what youre specifically referring to.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  8. Blighboy
    Skink

Blighboy New Member

But on the flip side, compare the statline of a saurus to a liberator. It's night and day. They don't look as strong as Stormcast because, at least currently, they aren't supposed to be as strong.

A_Reptile_Dysfunction likes this.
  9. A_Reptile_Dysfunction
    Cold One

A_Reptile_Dysfunction Well-Known Member

Personally, as a WHFB player previously where blocks of saurus could stand toe to toe with chaos warriors and black orcs, the AoS iteration of them are just disappointing.

I’m hoping we are getting a new Battletome as well as some updated models for saurus warriors and knights as well as Slann and a plastic razor/sally kit. Maybe some new units such as a large flyer or a skink hero riding a Quetzalcoatlesque type lizard.

Val Muna and Erta Wanderer like this.
  10. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

In Age of Sigmar seraphon are a horde army. Endlessly waves of lizards summoned by slann. That's how they play on the tabletop as well, its just a lot different than their WHFB lore.

I kind of like this idea of waves upon waves of summoned space demon lizards, so i don't really have a problem with the way saurus exist in Age of Sigmar. And I say that as someone who is currently playing a 90 saurus-strong Fangs list.