1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saurus Warrior Sculpt

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Sikeron, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Sikeron
    Skink

Sikeron Member

2. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

great sculpting, though im not a huge fan of the... bulkyness of the model(s). what material is that yellow "green stuff"? how come you chose it? any special awesome properties? i wanna be a great sculptor like yourself, thats why i am asking :D

3. Sikeron
    Skink

Sikeron Member

Like I said somewhere on the second page:

"Due to limited time, hobbywise, I had to try different sculpting putties, looking for a putty I could push and squeeze over a longer period of time without curing in between my hobby sessions. So I finally settled with FIMO and FIMO MIX QUICK at a 50/50 ratio.... Does the trick for me..... And it is cheap as well.. And on weekends I can sit down with my 6 year old son and we both can do some fimo sculptures.... "

Just bake it and you are done...

4. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

sweet. thanks.

5. Syltaryn
    Saurus

Syltaryn New Member

So do you bake the Fimo at each stage or do you simply keep going until the model is done then bake it?

6. Sikeron
    Skink

Sikeron Member

For instance, sofar the kroxigor was baked 4 times... one foot at a time, than the legs/ lower abdomen and finally the upper torso... the head was done seperately...

7. gewaltatron
    Saurus

gewaltatron New Member

Can you tell us, what tools you use(d) to get the fimo that smooth? A brush?

8. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Wow! That carnosaur and Kroxigor are to die for. I can't believe this is the first time I've seen them. You should change the name of the thread asap. Haha. The Saurus is very well sculpted but too bulky for my taste(as far as saurus go) so I never ventured past the first page till now. I'll tell you what though, I am kicking myself now! Holy crap! Amazing work! I am completely in love with your beefy style now. How much time goes into one of these?

I hope you've given thought to casting and selling your work. I would be all over that Kroxigor like a hobo on a ham sandwich. I want to say that is the best Kroxigor I've seen to date. But T`hinker`er is making some pretty bad ass ones too. The style is so different it's hard to compair the two. But your kroxigor is so unlike any i have ever seen. So good.

Edit:
    If this means what I think it means, you can count on me!

And maybe an update on that carnosaur too. I got my eye on him too.
    Did he ever get arms or casted or anything?

9. Sikeron
    Skink

Sikeron Member

hi....

Well, I bought some sculpting tools ages ago at HERESY MINIATURES...

http://www.heresyminiatures.com/shop/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=167

I use the second of the left for about 90% of my sculpts. While using FIMO + QUICK MIX saliva and a brush will get you a really smooth finish, the unbaked sculpt will shine because of the smoothness...

Thx a lot.... Due to real life, I havent got the chance to do as much work as I would like to... It'll be really slow progress from now on.... I'll get new pictures as soon as I have finished another part of them...

10. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Real life... It figures. That damn thing always seems to get in the way. :(

I hope you still plan on casting and selling your atlas kroxigor when he does get finished. I am very intrested.

11. Sikeron
    Skink

Sikeron Member

I couldnt attend work because of an annoying cold so I was able to do another head sculpt for my kroxigor... It's the fourth time I have sculpted a head for that beast... But this time I reckon I found a nice solution for him.. I'll have to fix the nose area... too canine like but appart from that I like it.. what do you think?

http://imageshack.us/f/690/finalhead.jpg/

12. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I honestly like all 3 heads I've seen for him. Even the first one that no one seemed to like. But this newest one looks the most like a kroxigor head. And he has a lot more eye showing than the 2nd one, which is nice too. And his face looks like it has quite a bit of stress in it, like he could be carring something heavy. I like this head the most. Amazing work like always. Glad to see you still have some time to work on it even if you did miss work. I'll be looking forward to the next update.

13. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Hi. Hoping you're still around and haven't given up on your Atlas model, or forgotten your thread here. Love it. Hope you've made progress. I've been hoping for an update for a while. I love this sculpt. Clearly, I can't wait to see more. You do great work.