1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS [SBWiP] Asoteka - Followers of the Old Ones

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Carnikang, Mar 23, 2017.

?

Mortals that Follow the Great Game?

1. Yea

2. Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Not-behemoths. We have a lot of them already... unless the limitations on behemoths get changed adding more is just inconvenient since you can't ever field a lot of them (even if you have the points)

Bowser likes this.
  2. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Seraphon do, yes. Yet pointing out, this is a seperatw army.l
    I may use th behemoth golem idea here but change it so its providing a different buff entirely than the Kroxigor sized golems with buffs.

3 golems at 4-6 wounds perhaps? Hrm...

Bowser likes this.
  3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I thought you were going to make it like the tzeentch followers with a mix of seraphon and asoteka?

Bowser likes this.
  4. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Disciples o Tzeentch is split into two armies, that have shrared rules an allegiances. Tzeentch Arcanites is th mortal half, while Tzeentch Daemons is the othr army.

Th new book, Blades of Khorne works this way as well.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

ah right.. meh.. thought they were 1 army based on the GW site and the general lack of human-ish units.. fair enough then

Bowser likes this.
  6. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

History updated, added two warscrolls for one/two possible units to Oddities. Also added their descriptions to the Lands descriptions for those interested. Feedback is appreciated.

Bowser likes this.
  7. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Interesting concept so far.

I can't help you on any of the rules or crunch for this project, but the fluff behind it is interesting. Human followers of the Old Ones, aligned with the star-lizards, who they probably see as avatars of their gods? Reminds me of the warriors of chaos, who can summon daemonic followers of their chosen patron deity...

Heresy aside, I do think its an interesting concept. Asoteka... reminiscient of Aztec, altered of course to be more similar to the important Old One Sotek.

Where do they live? Do they have cities in one of the realms or do they also have stellar engines? Do they spread about the realms preaching the eminence of their gods or do they jealously guard their strongholds to protect their treasure and ward of trespassers?

I would be curious to hear what other fluff items you create!

Bowser likes this.
  8. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

@Warden, I was thinking they had a central city that held the majority of their culture deep in the jungles of Azyr, thought they have access to the magic/technology the Slann have, allowing them to expand and travel to other realms.

And they're the latter in reference to your last question. Get off the lawn or get an arrow/axe/sword through the chest.

Warden and Bowser like this.
  9. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Looking to reignite this project and get some more feedback on the warscrolls and ideas. I have a few more that I will be working on as well.

I've been looking around and wonder, Eldar constructs, aelf soldiers... these could all be easily used for this project....

Canas and Crowsfoot like this.
  10. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

So before I start cranking out more warscrolls, what sort of Heros should the Aoteka have? Of course there will be a warrior-centric one, and a psuedo wizard/priest, but what other sorts of characters would you like to see in a Old One and Seraphon worshiping society?

11. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Several priests from a priest-caste that uses some combination of spells and prayers to support.
    An assasin-hunter type one using poisones weapons.
    A beast-master that uses the various creatures from the jungle.

I think those would fit best.

Aginor, Koriialstraz and Carnikang like this.
  12. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Some nice ideas!