1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Scarlok Cowboy?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Meleemadness, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Meleemadness
    Skink

Meleemadness New Member

Is that mounted on a Cold One or a Carnosaur? I really like the Carnosaur but don't see ppl using them in lists....all the things that draw me to Lizardmen don't seem to be used; Cold One Riders, Kroxigors. The dinos I see being used a lot seem to die so fast and easy, Trogs and Bastilodons.

2. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

The dinos and kroxies are more viable in the 9th age, otherwise you're right - in 8th those models weren't used a lot.

3. DrMad
    Skink

DrMad Member

A scarvet cowboy is a scarveteran on a coldone, usually with a 1+ armor save and a great weapon.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  4. Deusvult
    Chameleon Skink

Deusvult Active Member

An Old Blood also made an awesome Cowboy. Great survivability and damage for a decent point cost. ScarVets are the boys who take care of the chaff and other smaller stuff, maybe a monster. Old Bloods, well he will hold whatever you want.

5. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

I do use the cold ones. With spears the hit at strength 5 and I like that. I don´t really play competitive so usually play with whatever I find cool to use. I´m sure you´ll find an effective way to use them ;).

6. Meleemadness
    Skink

Meleemadness New Member

Well, I will initially play with what I like and is aesthetically pleasing but over time, the constant losing, will force me to either quit or change my list. However, I need to see how 9th has made the COC and Krox better.

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

An Oldblood can also be effectively fielded on a flying carpet. Not has survivable as a typical cold one riding cowboy but far more maneuverable.