1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Scorched earth points

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Billie, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Billie
    Skink

Billie Member

Hey guys,
    Next week i'm going to my first in-store tournament and one of the rounds will be scorched earth.
    I was looking up the battleplan in the GHB and saw something interesting, but wanted to double check if i got it right.

The rules state that the points are counted at the end of the turn, not the battle round. So if i get the first turn and i can teleport a unit to the enemy side giving me the overhand on that objective, does that mean that I can steal the objective before the opponent even has a chance of defending it? (Except for the battle round) 20171007_091013.jpg 20171007_091013.jpg

Captaniser likes this.
  2. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

Would seem so, yes.

3. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

Hypothetically, you could use the double teleport trait of the slann, teleport 2 units to enemy objectives and raze them right before his eyes! How heart-breaking that would be for your opponnent hahaha

Billie likes this.
  4. Billie
    Skink

Billie Member

I know :D. The army i will be playing will have a shadowstrike starhost with a unit of chamos, so if my opponent would be a bit sloppy in setting up his units i might be able to drop my terradons from the clouds, pop up my chamos and teleport a third unit, effectively taking his half of the battlefield before he can do something (of course this scenario is rather unlikely, but I should have a good chance for razing at least 1 objective)

Captaniser likes this.
  5. Robertxtrem
    Cold One

Robertxtrem Active Member

I did it with rippers and chamos. He get about 3 liberators on one so i teleported 5 chamos onto it and razed it while the rippers murdered the hero on the other and razed that. Both first turn.

Captaniser and Billie like this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

That's possible only if your opponent doesn't play smart. with teleport, you must still be at 9" from the enemy and it's not that hard to place units around the 3 objectives.

7. Robertxtrem
    Cold One

Robertxtrem Active Member

Yeah if you teleport onto them, your opponent messed up huge! Ripperdactyls are 3inch away and skinks have no min distance.