1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Scouting the Lands- Army Prep

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by little-myth, May 9, 2016.

1. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

It's the name of the army preparation for the first part of the campaign I hope to join. Annoying how college hours interfere *sigh*

Anyway, manager posted the rules for a basic army build, now to figure out what I want and try to make sense of this.

"Army Preparation – Scouting the Lands
    As armies from all corners of all realms prepare to attack +++CLASSIFIED+++, Generals and Heroes have taken a small scouting force to reclaim their lost camps in preparation for the true war. To build your initial force you can start with either of the following :-
    - A HERO on foot/horse/boar sized mount and up to three units consisting of at least two CORE units (Up to 15 wounds each) and up to one ENGINE or BEHEMOTH (See below explaining unit types).
    - A HERO on a BEHEMOTH/ENGINE and two units consisting of CORE unite up to 15 wounds each."

I have no idea what he means by (see below...) I couldn't find it unless I misread it.

Debating whether to start with Skinks or Saurus. Taking a Skink Chief with some Skinks and go ranged or have a slightly more hard hitting Saurus leader with Saurus with spears (only got spears)
    I know there will be hard hitting models like the Maw Krusha.
    Don't really want to go the Slann summoning route. I think a lot of people expect summon rushes so I want the element of surprise (then I wonder if anyone else plays Seraphon) Will I go up against a Slann?
    There is a lot to think about when starting just a tiny force.
    The Chaq'Kai are sitting this one out..... maybe....... depends on how many models I have got. Temple Guard, Saurus Oldblood on Magma-Carnosaur, a box of Saurus, Skink Priests.

https://www.facebook.com/events/461518940712485/

What do you fellow Lizards think?

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    Warden and Bowser like this.
  2. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

3. little-myth
    Carnasaur

4. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

Personally, i would take a caster of some sort. If you dont want to go slann, then a skink starseer will be what you need. That way you can also unbind hostile spells, and if against a slann, then you can unbind. Some big monster i feel is in order, and we lizards are spoiled for choice! In the early stages , and your opponent does not have the top tier heavy hitters, then our beasties will pose a challange. I myself fell that a bastilidon is your best bet. Heavy artillery combined with almost unkillableness and pure awsome is a pretty safe shot. For troops i would suggest kroxigor followed by two units of saurus. This will provide another multi wound per hit unit to pair with the basi, and a strong core troop force.

Hope i have inturpreted the rules right! :p

Last edited: May 10, 2016
    little-myth and Bowser like this.
  5. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Thanks, I do plan to put a Bastilidon to good use. Still need to clarify the lists though, unless he is putting them up today the extra unit rules. I might end up going heavy hitting at first then slowly introduce Skinks along the way, make use of large numbers.