1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scum and Villainy rules and signup thread!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by strewart, Jul 31, 2009.

1. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Ok, so the assassin wasn't Gex.
    Unless he managed to play his own death and commit suicide that is...

I have no idea who could be, therefore, I shall wait and just jump onto the bandwagon, unless I'm chosen. :(

Cheers!

2. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

We've only got a little bit of time left before we're all dead, so I'm gonna follow a hunch and gamble that it's right.

Vote: KroxigorsFTW

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

OOC: Keep in mind this will most likely be the last day. There will be no way to vote with only two people (no majority, and both will likely know whats going on) so if someone is executed today, and someone is assassinated tonight thats it. This vote is very important to get the assassin.

4. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Poor Gex...but then again, who takes a midnight walk when assasins are on a killing spree :p
    I agree fully with Eternity_Warden:
    Vote: KroxigorFTW

He was just begging for night..

5. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

*Jumps onto bandwagon*

Vote: KroxigorsFTW

Oh well.

Cheers!

6. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

well, it seems i am by all meas screwed. Meh. Atleast i didn't go down first. But use logic. Why would i (say, if i was an assasin) want to kill the lurker when Eternity_Warden is threatening to kill me? Anyway, just chrun that around, and yeah... No hard feelings

And for what its worth.
    Vote:hellbreaker

7. strewart
    OldBlood

Well, everyone has now voted making for our shortest day ever. The votes look like:

KroxigorsFTW: 3 votes
    hellbreaker: 1 vote

A quick decision an obvious sign that the nobles are getting decidedly worried. KroxigorsFTW is dragged kicking and screaming to the gallows and hung. All that is left to do is wait and hope that the killings stop proving the guilt of KroxigorsFTW.

People still alive:
    hellbreaker
    Eternity_Warden
    The Hunted

I already know who the target will be tonight, since there is only 1 innocent left. In his very restless sleep, a dark figure sneaks into hellbreaker's room and silently approaches, knife in hand.

'Wake up,' says The Hunted, 'it is time to kill the last one and make our escape'.

As dawn approaches, the servants find the castle deathly silent, it is empty aside from the cold body of Eternity_Warden, throat slit and blood spilt all over his bed.

Congratulations to the two assassins! You managed to get absolutely everyone and almost never came under any suspicion.

For what its worth, I found it quite difficult to come up with clues that would be there but not too obvious. A lot of it comes down to the discussions, and a bit of luck. Plus I was hoping to give clues based on how people described and grew their characters, but not a lot of that really happened either. I did throw out a couple of clues though, the last of which I very much hesitated about since I thought it would give him away.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this very long and drawn out game. I wasn't going to run another given how slow this one went, but it does seem there are a few more people interested so I will consider it if the interest is there.

8. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

Out of curiosity, in this SV did the assassins use a marking system of any kind, or did they just PM you a target so that you may leave clues o_O

And you better make another one :D

9. strewart
    OldBlood

Yeah they just PMed me a target.. You seem to know a lot about the game, I have actually only ran it a couple of times and played it once, maybe you should if not run the next one then co-run it or get it set up? I pretty much just made the rules up as I wrote the first post based on my memory of the game a couple years ago.

10. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

Ive playd twice and hosted once. To develop a way that clues are not overly obvious, assassins give the clues themselves!

To mark someone they must say that persons name and a key word...

thats how I ussually play.

OOC thread going up!

11. strewart
    OldBlood

Example, what kind of keywords are you talking about?

Anyway, I had another thought for the game, not sure if you want to use it. Someone is secretly nominated as the 'medic', every night when the assassins are choosing targets the medic chooses someone to save. If it is the same person as the assassins targetted then the person doesn't die. They of course can just elect themselves every time, but then they will find themself as the only one left against the assassins and healing wouldn't work when there was less than a certain amount of people left.

Just an idea I had might be interesting. :)

12. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Wow. 2/3 chance to kill an assassin and I picked the wrong one.
    :rage:

13. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

HA! i made a right vote! You should've listened to me! And i think my first vote was for the hunted as well.... *checks first vote*

... Yes, it was.

14. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

That's why you were kept alive...
    Nha, not really, I just aimed to help get rid of the lurkers. :D

Cheers!

15. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Yeah, i think the lurkers ruined alot of it.

16. strewart
    OldBlood

Actually I PMed the lurkers, and Gexmofia said he never intended to join and didn't remember joining even though there is a post from him at the start of the thread. I decided not to reveal this because at the time I found out I thought it would have unbalanced the game. It certainly works better without lurkers..

Mmm all this talk of lurkers makes me want to undust and crack out Starcraft.

17. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Starcraft II comes out soon-ish, so great timing.

18. Celticfire
    Chameleon Skink

Celticfire New Member

To 'ell wid tha lurkers. keep runnin' the thread.

19. strewart
    OldBlood

It is starting again in a new thread. Given that no one has posted anything yet, I'm sure Revered_Guardian will let you join. I don't know if he has chosen the assassins or not though.