1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scum and Villainy - The Town!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by strewart, Oct 18, 2010.

1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Ok guys, new Scum and Villainy! I've copy pasted the old ruleset, but it seems a little out of date, might have grabbed the wrong one. Tried to update some parts, but might have missed something. This thread, as usual, is the game thread so signup here and now!

Now for some differences. Assassins will not PM me their targets; I have a new marking scheme which will hopefully work well.

In addition to assassins, there is a Knight Marshall. No one knows who this person is except them, which of course means anyone can try to pretend to be them. The Knight Marshall chooses a suspect in a way I will reveal to them every 'day time'. I will then PM them and tell them whether that person is an assassin or not! It is then their job to convince the others to vote for the assassins without revealing to the assassins who they are or they are sure to get killed.
    ABSOLUTELY NO POSTING SCREENSHOTS OF PM LOGS OR EVEN QUOTES FROM PM's OR YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY EXECUTED

There will also be a witch doctor. Every day this person can choose (again in secret) to heal any player they want including themselves. The person they choose is immune to assassinations that night, and immune to being killed by voting during the next day. The castle is somewhat opposed to voodoo magic, so if this person chooses to reveal themselves they will lose their power. When the votes for a day are finalised, the protected person for the day before will be revealed by me.

This thread will act as the game thread, and the game starts as of now. It is day 1, simply post in here and you are in the game automatically. Day 1 will last exactly 6 days from the time of this post, during which time I will PM roles to people and explain in more detail how they carry out their role.

So come on, enter the game, announce your name and title, get word to everyone else you know who may have an input, lets get rolling!

One final rule, 'day 1' gets 6 real world days to give people a chance to sign up. Every day after that will last a maximum of 4 days. So even if you don't visit the forum every day you can still play. Anyone who has not posted at all in a given game day (4 real world days, plenty of time) will be removed from the game for not contributing. If you know you are going to be away, you can post and you will be fine. I just don't want a bunch of people signed up but never posting.

2. strewart
    OldBlood

The Setting:

You are in a hick town of the Empire, small scale setting not too many people. The assassins are not assassins, but werewolves. During the day they walk among you, during the night they kill you. There have already been several cows mauled and left a bloody mess around town in the last week, with farmers keeping a close eye on them the werewolves have turned to human prey! Little Johnny from the corner store thought he saw a human shaped creature with glowing yellow eyes last night.

Sign up! If you want to use a character name different to your username, put it in your sig. Also, feel free to put a link to the game in your sig to get attention. :)

Code:
    [URL=http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/scum-and-villainy-the-town.5284/]Scum and Villainy - The Town game, sign up here![/URL]

3. SaurusWarrior
    Saurus

SaurusWarrior New Member

4. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Yep. I'll join.

The Hunted

5. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

Since I enjoyed the last one so much, I'm in!

6. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

I'm in too!

7. novatomato
    Razordon

novatomato Member

One more for the group.

8. Yzan
    Skink

Yzan New Member

New Scum and Villainy Game! (Starting again October 2010!)

i'm in

9. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

10. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

I'm down for it!

11. strewart
    OldBlood

Feel free to start developing your character guys, we are technically on day 1 right now!
    (More people can still join of course)

12. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

The tavern was too crowded for Larinus. He had grabbed a table in the corner, just before the all-nighters appeared. It had been a fairly peaceful place before the attacks happened. Now, every night, men and women of all ages came here to drink their troubles away. It wasn't his type of place anymore. He doubted that he'd get any good gossip nowadays.

He was walking down the road to his house on the outskirts of the town, when he thought he saw something out of the corner of his eye. It looked human enough from the outline - it would be, since it was only early afternoon - but the way it was moving seemed suspicious to Larinus, he'd have to keep an eye out in future. As well as that, the figure seemed to be moving away from the barn behind the tavern.

13. Sir Zantos
    Skink

Sir Zantos New Member

After an exhausting treasure hunt, fraught with peril and danger Sir Zantos had decided to travel back to more civilised areas to rest and recuperate. His journey had brought him to a sleepy back water Emipre town, where he had decided to partake in the local serving girls.

And thus that it was the Sir Zantos awoke in the arms of a buxom wench covered in hay. Slowing unraveling himself from her arms, he quietly got dressed and walked to the barn doors.

As he left the barn he looked around nervously, checking to make sure neither the father of the girl or the owner of the barn was waiting for him. Seeing no danger he hurried away back to his rooms.

14. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

The Hunted had a beer in his left hand. And something very strong in his right, he didn't even knew what the bartender made for him. It didn't matter.
    He could barely sit on his stool, and every time he raised his arm to drink; there was a good chance he would just fall over.

He sighed. " Gimme anothee one zose" he mumbled. This would be an all-nighter again, stupid wives...

15. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

Darian Grassdale, a mercenary and fortune-hunter attracted to the area by the challenge of a powerful opponent and the promise of coin in the pocket, accosts Sir Zantos in the hall leading to his rooms.

"well, well, well, Master Zantos! Little did I expect to lay eyes on one of the lads from that ill fated trek through the dark woods again!"

16. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

(sorry i'm not gonna be able to take part in this one)

17. Sir Zantos
    Skink

Sir Zantos New Member

"By the Lady, but you were dead. I saw you hanging, how is it that you are alive. This is a miracle indeed"

The sight of a trusted companion so far from home brings a smile to his face "I mourned your loss sir, i thought it a senseless waste of a fine man".

Remembering the troubled time and murders of their previous meeting, Sir Zantos shakes his head. "I am unsure if this will bring comfort to you, but we found your killer and delivered justice upon them"

"How about i get you a drink and we can catch up"

18. novatomato
    Razordon

novatomato Member

Yawning loudly Novatomato, an engineer fresh from the universities of Nuln, stretches and looks around the street. After graduating with honors he was quickly thrown out due to an unforseeable accident involving a ping-pong ball, a short copper wire and some strong acids. It would be years before that wing was rebuilt. It had been about a year since then and he wandered around the land trying to find resources to make his inventions, he had stumbled upon this village months ago, but due to the recent attacks he couldn't leave, so he decided to make the best of it and built himself one of his inventions and use it to acceptable means during this 'crisis.' If anyone was foolish enough to ask about it they inevitably became overwhelmed by all the technical details, and couldn't get away until Novatomato was finished, usually about two hours later. Entering the bar room the residents all quickly turned away, fearful of making eye contact that could in any possible way be contrived as friendly. "I'll have my usual please barman, and an egg as well, I think I can find a way to use an eggs to make cheaper energy even more powerful than steam, the only downside to it would be an overwhelming scent of sulfur but I think that acceptable for this could change the world forever, why if someone wanted to they could turn into into a highly explosive devise capable of destroying the entirety of the Drakenwald forests"

19. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Looking suitably drunk a considerably thin man managed to somehow overhear Sir Zantos and dreadgrass. With no sign of having been drunk at all he flew to his feet and walked towards the two.

"HI! I heard something about hanging corpses- why you two seem familiar. Were you with those morons who headed out into the woods a week ago?" without even waiting for a slight reaction he quickly rose his hand to greet the two, making contacts with knights and mercenaries pay off after all. "I'm Robin, but my friends call me Hellbreaker. Don't think about the nickname, it's a rather embarrassing story, haha."

(If you didn't notice I decided to join this time too)

20. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

The Hunted heard a few of novatomato's words. And although it didn't take much to stun him, it did.

"..Eggs?" He mumbled "Aand sulfur..?"
    "Boy, I could eat that for lunch" He thought about what he just said, and recovered as fast as he could (which wasn't all that fast). "What I was tryíng to say, what are having you for lunch?"
    He mumbled something incomprehensible and drank some more.