1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scum and villainy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by strewart, Jul 27, 2009.

?

Interested?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I have been wanting to set something like this up for a while now, and I think forum activity might just be strong enough to do it. This is a little kinda roleplaying forum game that ran on my old High Elf forum for a while and was a lot of fun.

It is a somewhat murder in the dark, the game needs at least 10 or so people to run effectively though the more the better, and active people. What happens is x people (1 or 2, maybe 3 depending on how many total, random for more mystery) are secretely the assassins, and every 'night' (due to timezones and member activity a day or night in the game can last as long as needed, a week or whatever) they choose someone to murder. During the day, surrounded by a little bit of fluff by me, everyone (including the assassins) get to discuss in character who they think it was and may vote to kill someone who they think the assassin is, with a majority ruling. The idea is for the 'nobles' as it may be to try and kill the assassins before they are all killed, and the assassins need to kill everyone. When I played it, the game centred around High Elf nobles which worked quite well, LM isn't really going to work as well. So I will either rewrite it to be just medieval style or leave it as elves.

But before I go and rewrite anything or do to much work, I wanted to quickly guage interest and see if it was worth doing. How many people would be interested in playing such a game? Ideally it works best if you login every day, but if you come every few days that is enough. You don't really need to increase your activity. Who is in and do you have any questions?

PS I put it in here rather than the RPG forum because it is much more light hearted and fun than a typical forum RPG and a lot easier to get the hang of so I thought it would be more appropriate here. :)

2. Celticfire
    Chameleon Skink

Celticfire New Member

may i recomend a site clock for this game, posibly based off of grenich, but ya im in
    EDIT: unfortuantly i will be gone from Aug 1-15. im off to the Glengarry Highland Games, then off to orgegon to see my aunt

3. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Sounds interesting, I'm in. ^^

Cheers!

4. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

I'm in :D (that didn't fill much so I'll fill out the space with some random violence smilies) :rage: :mad:
    :jimlad: :droid: :astronaut: :spiderman: :beaver: :chicken: :blackalien: :pigeon:

5. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

i'll do it too sounds good

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

5 votes for yes so far since one was me, anyone else want to join? I think I am going to try to run it anyway, get the word out to people that do not check the general chat and I will see about making a small announcement or something.

7. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

I've played this game with a few people I know, except it was called 'Mafia'. Also, in the version we played the "villagers" get a spy (who gets to spy on one person each night, unveiling to the spy what that person is) and a doctor (who gets to protect a single person from the mafia each night).

Its important to get the ratio of mafia to villagers right, or the game can be pretty one sided.

2 mafia:6 villagers
    3 mafia:8 villagers
    4 mafia:11 villagers

I think that those are the best ratios.