1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scum and Villany on the Road

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SaurusWarrior, Sep 2, 2010.

1. SaurusWarrior
    Saurus

SaurusWarrior New Member

Thanks to strewart's blessing, I'll be hosting a new Scum and Villany game!

I believe that the theme this time is the group of men who have gotten lost in a deep forest after hearing rumors of valuable treasure. The group have found a path in the forest and have decided to follow it.

Anyone who wants to sign up can, just give some fluff and your character's name and we'll procede from them.

I hope many of you join, especially you Craken!

Edit: Depending on hpow many sign up, there will be at least two assassains, a knight-marshall, and a witch-doctor.

2. SaurusWarrior
    Saurus

SaurusWarrior New Member

The Rules:

For the future assassains, each have the ability to mark people for death, they also get to give another person an extra vote for executing someone, this is chosen by the assassain at the beggining of the current day, but it cannot be the same person marked for death. Watch for patterns in posts, but remember, you can accidentaly kill an innocent person just because some people are just unlucky and get executed.

For the knight-marshall is the only player who will know who the assassains actually are, and he or she will try to convince the others to execute the assassains. But remember, anyone can claim to be the knight-marshall and so, be careful when voting.

For the witch-doctor, the witch-doctor can prevent one person from being assassainated each night. But only one. And if the witch-doctor dies, that protection will dissapear from the game.

As for how the game is run. Each "day" of play will last roughly one week, starting on Monday and ending the next Monday. The players cannot vote for executions on day one however, as no one will have been assassainated on Day 1.

Also, in order to execute a player, a majority vote must be reached. If there we ten players, six must vote for a single person to die in order to execute him.

And each night that passes, depending on who is marked for death by assassains or players, will be shone and the report for the next day will be give, showing who is alive, and who is dead.

I will select the different positions, so if you recieve a pm from me about a position, please acceapt it!

3. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

Do we have to PM you, or do we reply to this thread?

4. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Hmmm... fluff...

I am Brother Scamp, a discharged soldier who is dead broke and needs money, so I followed this rumor of gold in the forest.

Oh yeah, it goes without saying that I am in for this game :p

5. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

I take it we reply to the thread then...

I'm Peter Von Schlek, 3rd heir to the Earl of Hergig. I am a disgrace to my family, being very weak and un-warlike. However, what they don't know is that I have a good mind for diplomacy, and I can use unorthodox tactics very effectively, but my family have yet to allow me to use them when it matters.

I have come to Lustria in search of gold and riches, to prove to my family that I am worthy of being an Earl.

6. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Do the assassin(s) have to have two votes? Sounds like overkill to me.
    Anyway.

The names Robin, you can call me Hellbreaker though.
    I come from a far away island close to the highly volcanic island of Betelgeuse.
    My reason for being here is to catalogue the land, but I've been stranded here for years now. Only my trusty to towel for company.

7. novatomato
    Razordon

novatomato Member

Elric Del Pentrose, The Rose of the Battle field. A Brettonian knight out seeking the grail. Following rumors The elderly knight (30) has traveled to the forest in order to ascertain the validity of said rumors.
    (That lad Hellbreaker certainly knows where his towel is, I guess I could give him my spare toothbrush and razor if he needs it)

8. SaurusWarrior
    Saurus

SaurusWarrior New Member

Ok, that's four signed up. The deadline is next Wensday, Septemember 8th.

Wait... ohh! typo! :oops:

Anyways, I meant that the assassain can double the vote of any person except themselves.

Edit: fixed that little typo!

9. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

Count me in (might need to throw a few PM's Sauruswarrior to drum up some interest? Try scouting out the players from the last game)

Darian (Dreadgrass) Grassdale

A short and stocky man, some may even say dwarf-like, though not to his face for fear of the volley gun he carries on his shoulder. Darian has joined with the party, lured by the promise of riches and fame. He sees this as a means of escaping his mercenary existence and starting afresh with all the comforts he's never known....

10. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

Alestor Arclight:

A tall muscular man, Alestor joined the party for a reason other then riches...he joined for the adventure and the danger of moving through the forests....

11. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Hmm I might add a number to your ranks. :)

I am lord Arutha, a tall somewhat pale bald man who is very quiet but appears wise and powerful. I have joined this lost expedition because I believe some of the treasure may be more than trinkets; magical artifacts could be among them.

And yeah, I find sending a few PMs to some of the active players from the last game who aren't already signed up helps to add numbers. Lots of people still don't visit this part of the board unfortunately, so many who would probably enjoy the game don't even know its running. My global announcements only help a little. Maybe we should all add something to our sigs. :)

12. SaurusWarrior
    Saurus

SaurusWarrior New Member

Great minds think alike! A few of the people from the previous games joined up because I pm'd them.

So far, 7 ppeople have signed up! A few more, and we'll start Day 1 Wensday!

13. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

Lord Xlcontiqu at you service!

I heard about this party from a local tavern and figured my elven skills may be of use. I am a Wood Elf ranger that has left Athel Loren to earn money and fame abroad.

14. Sir Zantos
    Skink

Sir Zantos New Member

Hopefully in before the deadline!

Names Ser Zantos, after a being found guilty of deciet in a recent tourney he has become a disgraced knight bedecked all in green and hellbent on reclaiming his honour, estates and the hand of his childhood sweetheart.

15. SaurusWarrior
    Saurus

SaurusWarrior New Member

Right on time Sir Zantos!

That's it folks, the deadline is up!

Day One

After days of bumbiling around in the forest with no luck of finding the rumored treasure, the group decides to follow the trail they found. With luck, they'll finally be free of this expanse of forest. As the day starts, they walk with renewed vigor and hope until they come across a clearing, in which they set up camp.

Have fun on Day One!

16. Sir Zantos
    Skink

Sir Zantos New Member

As another promising day of treasure hunting continues with no gold in sight, Ser Zantos, strides into the clearing. Surveying the area he removes his helmet and discards it at the base of a nearby tree
    "How many more days of trecking through this cursed forest is it going to take to get a sniff of this treasure" slowly he turns his gaze to the rest of the party "and who's reading the map? Hell do we even have one, or i have been following people following me" amusing himself, he lets out a hearty chuckle.

17. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Lord Arutha slowly wanders over to a tree near the edge of the clearing and sits down to meditate and rest, yet all the while keenly keeping half an eye on the rest of the party. I am content to wait until the morrow to search again for the treasure.

18. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

Peter von Schlek was quietly relieved. The constant travelling through the humid jungle was really taking it out of him. He felt a bit better when he thought about the gold awaiting him though. As he saw others weren't doing anything to set up camp, he started looking around for some big leaves to put together as a shelter.

19. novatomato
    Razordon

novatomato Member

The aged knight, sir Elric, kneels down in prayer to his Lady, asking for guidance. When done he stands and observes his companions Mayhap I have erred in my zealousness. he ponders his situation while he waits for the lesser peoples to establish camp.

20. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

Lord Xlcontiqu takes off his travel pack and consults a map. It seemed like they had been going in circles for days. Looking down at the map, he senses that something is not quite right. It seems that some of the various cities had moved around since the last time he looked at it. Sensing some magical trickery, he calls out for a mage to come examine it.