1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scum and Villany on the Road

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SaurusWarrior, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Well, I vote for Hellbreaker.

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

If my count is right, there were 7 among us yesterday and 4 votes fell on Xlontiqu. That means if another assassin voted for Xlontiqu, it caused the majority and allowed him to be executed. Either there is not another assassin, or they were not working together.

Lets assume they were, that means one of the 3 left was a killer. Those people are me, Xlontiqu (obviously) and Revered_Guardian. I do not think Revered_Guardian has been around enough to be a killer. Well looks like my current thought path leads to me. No one but me knows I'm not a killer so if I am suspected, so be it. In my eyes, I now look for suspicious behaviour in the 4 that voted for Xlontiqu.

I'm actually starting to think Larinus has a bit of an evil eye. Hellbreaker voted for Xlontiqu knowing it was the vote that would seal his fate, Sir Zantos voted right after me and could have thrown suspicion anywhere else but chose Xlontiqu first.

I keep looking back to the clues of the first night's deaths, but I can find no further information. This will be a tough decision.

3. Sir Zantos
    Skink

Sir Zantos New Member

After a day of quite contemplating Sir Zantos stands up and moves towards his travelling companions

(OOC: Sorry for the low activity, been busying buying a house and have been spread thin!)

The assassin not striking last night leads me to believe either he already died during the first killings or he kept quite knowing he had roused a wasps nest of suspiscion.

While i feel happier in the knowledge that we have succesfully caught at least one of the killers, i am still not happy about sleeping with the constent danger of a knife in my back. I do not begrudge anyone voting for me yesterday, as i am as suspicious as anyone here.

Of course without striking last night our would be killer has also left us significantly less clues than we may have wished for.

While i have doubts surrounding some of our motives here, i must follow my mothers advice to watch the quiet ones. As my reasons are quite speculative i do not wish to air them and sully others choices.

4. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

Well, I'm not sure what I can do to prove my innocence, Strewart. If you think it is me, then fine. However, I have decided to make my vote according to my earlier suspicions.

Vote: Eternity_Warden

5. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Go ahead and try to lynch me if you must, but when you find out that I am not the murderer you will realize that it is Hellbreaker.

6. strewart
    OldBlood

While the idea of going for the quiet ones has merit, I do not suspect Eternity_Warden. I don't think he was in a position to kill on the first night.

Warden, what evidence have you found on hellbreaker aside from suspecting him for not attacking when he was in the spotlight yesterday? I see no reason for an assassin to hold back, the longer they tary when we know they are among us the better chance we have of catching them. Any signs around the events of the first night that could point to hellbreaker? Yes he took a knife from a victim (novatomato), but do remember it was nova who approached him, and he was talking with Sir Zantos, who still walks among us. This fact is what eased my mind.

7. Sir Zantos
    Skink

Sir Zantos New Member

After careful consideration and lack of real evidence, i do not wish to kill an innocent man and am therefore abstaining from any vote of execution.

I only hope that if there is an assasin left, that i will not be his target tonight

8. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

"Yes indeed Strewart, as far as I know being the only one I know of who asked for a knife the day Nova got murdered is also the only thing that makes me a suspect, right?" leaving the question hanging he thought for a bit and looked to the others he opened his mouth as to say something, but stopped and instead awaited a response.

9. SaurusWarrior
    Saurus

SaurusWarrior New Member

Day Four is here at last!

With night coming fast, the group cautiously retreats to their tents, except Eternity_Warden who stays up hoping to catch the assassain in the act. The next morning, he was found in the middle of the camp, having been stabbed almost beyond recognition with novatomato's knife. But revealed from the wounds, is the badge of office of a knight-marshell.

But as they take a headcount, one is found missing. When the group looks for Reverend Guardian in his tent, he is not there. But tracks from his tent lead to the trail, where he had run.

hellbreaker
    strewart
    novatomato- assassainated Day Two
    Xlcontiqu- executed Day Three
    Dreadgrass- assassainated Day Two
    Reverend_Guardian- booted for inactivity
    Eternity_Warden- assassainated Day Three
    Larinus
    Sir Zantos

Your numbers are dwindiling fast, find that assassain! Either you remaining four band together, and execute the right person, or you're dead.

10. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

Now, we must obviously address the fact that if Eternity_Warden was the knight marshall, then he will have known who the real assassins were. This of course points us in the direction that Hellbreaker was indeed the assassin, any other thoughts?

11. strewart
    OldBlood

Bah! I still cannot find his mark, though I suspect it has something to do with trees. o_O If hellbreaker mentions a damn tree one more time I will string him up myself without waiting for voting.

You are correct though, the Knight-Marshall accused him outright without considering anything else, he must have discovered his identity. Sorry for not siding with you, Eternity_Warden, I did have my suspicions but not strong enough for me to vote. And now my indecisiveness has led to your death.

Vote: hellbreaker.

Larinus? Sir Zantos? You with me?

12. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

I am with you also, Strewart. It's just a shame that we didn't come to this conclusion yesterday.

Vote: Hellbreaker

13. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Ye, I'm pretty screwed over right now! :smug:

14. SaurusWarrior
    Saurus

SaurusWarrior New Member

Let's wait though, you never quite know who's going to vote what. ;)

15. Sir Zantos
    Skink

Sir Zantos New Member

Unfortunately for Hellbreaker my vote is also against him, however i believe his tell was the thanking of the individual to be assasinated, maybe as some kind of dark prayer to his masters.

VOTE : Hellbreaker

16. strewart
    OldBlood

Amen brother. 3 votes in, thats a majority. Well played, Hellbreaker!

If it can be revealed now that its over, what were the marks? I am so curious!

BTW, I was the witch doctor. Seriously thought my head was on the chopping block last night so protected myself, ironically I protected hellbreaker the first night. :D

17. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

My mark was a reference (vague of course!) to the Hitch-hiker's guide. ;)

I have to say though, I only realised Eternity-warden was the knight-marshal after I had marked him. So it was more of a 'OH SHI-' kind of thing.

Fun fact: I also marked Xlqonticu, forgot to tell that to SaurusWarrior and then noticed he was getting executed. Funny he was the other assassin. (Doh)

Anyway, this was a good game. And I'm looking forward to the next already.

Cheers!

18. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

I marked my targets by breaking their names into two parts and then adding those to my post somehow. It was a little tough to incorporate, but definitely hard to spot.

19. Larinus
    Chameleon Skink

Larinus New Member

Thanks everyone for the great game! Really enjoyed seeing it unfold. Hopefully in the next game I'll be able to have a role rather than just a traveller.

20. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Very good game everyone, I enjoyed it alot. :meh:

At the end I was kind of trying to get Hellbreaker pissed off at me enough so he would kill me and expose himself... although, it would have been nice to be among the living at the end!