1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Sealterbloind's Paint Log - Sneak peak of Zwup

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Sealterbloind, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Sealterbloind
    Cold One

Sealterbloind Active Member

:: Taking first steps ::

Yeap, I got my first Lizarmens as a christmas present. I got two Chakax (he's my favourite, and yes I got two 'cause there was a little confuse with ordering) and 18 Saurus Warriors. These Warriors with spears are going to serve me to gain some experience with painting.~ When I'm able (means when I have enough money) I will start to buy my very own Lizardmen, so I can work with them from the begining to the end, from gluing to working with they're base.

Some pictures from the working space. I tried to sketch some coloring to the paper first before I gathered my Warriors around my water spot.

Lizz01_zps192993e6.jpg

Lizz03_zps8935b4ae.jpg

And here are some shots from my first Lizardmens :

Lizz04_zps7fe35576.jpg Lizz05_zps5b2b2a2d.jpg
    Lizz06_zps5fb90337.jpg

Lizz07_zpsd133e187.jpg Lizz08_zps2ec7a701.jpg Lizz10_zps0538a77e.jpg

Lizz11_zps7531b0e0.jpg

Hope you like them~ I'm still learning and I try out many different color variations.

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Re: Sealterbloind's Paint Log

They both look great! I am partial to the purple one though.

Great work.

3. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Great idea to see the colours on paper before you paint.

Are you going to do lots of different colours and patterns in the one unit, or are these testers? It could look a little jarring having 20 very different models in the one unit.

I prefer the yellow striped one :) I'm not a fan of the bright gaps between the scales on his shield, though that's just personal taste I guess. On one model, you could try doing edge highlighting on the shield scales, to see what you think.

4. Sealterbloind
    Cold One

Thanks guys, I appreciate~ :) I'm going to test paints with all 18 Saurus Warriors I have, but when I get some of my own, I think I'm going to design more controlled variety with like 20 Saurus... Well, you'll see : D I thought I could but here some of the skecth when I have a better vision in my mind ;>

I might but some new pictures here even today if I get two (or three!) more ready~

5. latch66
    Jungle Swarm

latch66 New Member

I've gotta put in my vote for the Black and Yellow one.

It's not that I don't like the purple. I think it's cool too. I just like the Black/Yellow combo better.

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Both look awesome. I would suggest making most of them yellow and black and make your characters and champions purple style. In my case I tend to put purple on my characters and champions. I also think the mottled yellow and black pattern would look good blending across several models.

Toltecatl likes this.
  7. Sealterbloind
    Cold One

Thanks guys~ I'm still trying out some other color variations/combos. Here's today's test. Unfortunately I got a bit sick yesterday so I managed to paint just one more -.-" Next time I post more!

Lizz15_zps0b4c3607.jpg
    Lizz14_zps97c1fc3b.jpg Lizz16_zps373c792a.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the top of his head.
    Lizz13_zps2dbac76b.jpg

... And I wanted to post image of those three together so you can compare them~
    Lizz12_zpsd18ee96b.jpg

Bracnos and Scalenex like this.
  8. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I like the black and yellow best.

9. latch66
    Jungle Swarm

latch66 New Member

I think the white one would look good as Temple Guard and the Black/Yellow ones as standard troops. It would be a cool way to represent how the Lizard's skin "lightens" as they age.

Toltecatl likes this.
  10. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Terve!

Always nice to see other Finns who hear the call of the Cold-Bloods from the jungle!

Are these really the first models you have ever painted? Because they look good! You have some really original ideas there and quite a steady hand, judging from the yellow stripes and individually painted scales. The whitish one is by far my favourite and I agree with latch66 in that that scheme would look good on Temple Guard. Unlike Old Mossy, I like the look of the shield with bright yellow gaps between the scales.

Keep up the good work and hopefully you'll get to play soon, too!

Toltecatl likes this.
  11. Sealterbloind
    Cold One

Heipä hei, ja kiitoksia kehuista ! Kiva saada suomalaispelaajiltakin kommenttia ~

Lizardmen were the most close to my heart~ I did consider Tomb Kings for a moment, but reptilians called me eventually.

Yes, these are the first ones, I'm really flattered all the positive feedback I have gained ^^" I'm happy to hear that I have some original ideas, 'cause that's what I seek.

I have played two bigger games, and there's two more coming already. : D

Scalenex likes this.
  12. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Hah! I was also balancing between Tomb Kings and Lizardmen, but ended up choosing the Tomb Kings due to them having a new Army Book (at the time). Guess the races from warm climates are more exotic to us... Good luck with your incoming games!

13. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

The white one looks great! I like the shield on this guy :D
    The spines on his back look better than the other two IMO. Maybe a wash on the white spines would look better, to get an idea for later on?

14. Sealterbloind
    Cold One

:: Long time no see ::

It's have been far too long from my last update. School has taken all of my time until now, so I wanted to use this day to my beloved Lizzies. I'm taking a day off today, 'cause I catch a flu (probably in Tampere, while we were shopping some WH stuff). Anyway, a lot have happened after my last reply, so here's some update from my army.

Lizz17_zps46b15ced.jpg
    I have done some preparations for starting to work with my Lizzies properly. I did a folder to them where I can but my converting, painting and basing plans sketched on paper. I will probably design some own characters later too. I think I might be a little too organized but I'd like to design my army properly before I start to paint them and stuff. I have also listed all the models I'd like to have and lined over those I already have.

Lizz18_zps07f12800.jpg
    Here's my treasures from Tampere. I wanted to buy something for basing. My army will live in the jungles of Lustria, so I was very pleased to find these.~

Lizz25_zpscf64d60c.jpg Lizz26_zps4e1e0644.jpg
    I have also done some major investment few months ago when I bought this Lizardmen army from my friend where we've been playing with my boyfriend many times. Models I haven't bought are those two unpacked Chakax, three unpacked Terradon Riders and that handful of Saurus Warriors with spears (the only ones I've managed to paint).

Lizz20_zps712b64cb.jpg
    There's all the color combos I've tried so far. And also those ones you guys haven't seen yet plus one WIP (that white one).
    Lizz23_zps20b0acfa.jpg Lizz21_zps5aa77d90.jpg Lizz22_zps752843d9.jpg Lizz19_zpse6b9dc0e.jpg Lizz24_zps9a843608.jpg
    Hope to hear some feedback. :) I'm really happy and proud of that black-n'-white -guy. He turned out pretty neat actually. I have used him as an Oldblood sometimes.~

Here's also a little bonus for you guys:

SlannMagePriest_zpsa5c26749.jpg
    Slann Mage Priest I drew for our friend as a Christmas/b-day present. I really want to do that Slann, I fell in love with those colors I combined into him.
    valentine-peace_zpsf4454e15.jpg
    AND here's my Valentines Day card for my boyfriend (OnG player).~
    Hope you enjoy :) I'll be drawing a lot more WH-themed pictures in the future :p

15. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Very cool assortment of paint schemes.... :meh:

The two striped ones look really striking :smug:
    (the yellow/black & black/white ones)

But then again all of them are pretty good. :D

16. Sealterbloind
    Cold One

Thanks! :) I thought I could paint my future Oldbloods or Scar Veterans like that black & white one.~

17. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Welcome back! That's a pretty big army you got there already. I concur that the black-white striped one looks the best. It'll be a real hassle to paint every Saurus in your army that way, though. Also, the green one looks amazingly good. Oh, and pictures are really nice, I'm happy the Saurus and the Orc can be friends (or more), even though the former is standing on a severed head of the latter's species... Cute!

18. Sealterbloind
    Cold One

Haha, thanks : D It's so funny when you think that two players with whole different armies hang together.~ OnG are like the most .. Eh... The opposite of Lizardmen who are so organised and dedicated : D

19. rychek
    Troglodon

rychek Active Member

Wow! I love the black and white Saraus. The white/gray one after it is very nice as well. Actually, they all look great, but expexially the two I first mentioned. :) Keep up the good work (and pictures).

20. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

They both have a lot of comparably low weapon skill troops, they both have lots of big critters, they both rely on a combination of 25 mm and 20 mm infantry...they are more similar than most armies are.