1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS semi-casual vs nurgle 2k

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by ILKAIN, Jan 9, 2019.

1. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I have a "loser buys the first round" game coming up in a few days and I wanted to get some feedback on this list. I haven't faced Nurgle before (in AoS) and was wondering if there are any tricks or tactics I should take into consideration. I do not know if we are using realms/malign sorcery or not so I haven't picked anything as far as relics or spells go yet. we also haven't decided on a mission yet so Im trying for some flexibility while still putting forth units that get inherent bonuses against chaos daemons. Im pretty sure hes bringing a glotkin but I have no familiarity with the rest of his list. suggestions for realm artifacts and eternal spells are welcome.

260 Slann; general; great rememberer
    80 Starpriest; shadowstrike
    220 EOTG

240 40x Skinks; boltspitters and shields, shadowstrike
    60 10x Skinks; boltspitters and shields
    60 10x Skinks; boltspitters and shields

240 10x chameleon skinks; shadowstrike
    280 6x Ripperdactyls; shadowstrike
    280 Bastilodon; solar ray
    80 2x Razordons

180 Shadow strike battalion

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

All I can say is they are slow and hard to kill, you will out move them with ease.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

so I should hope for an objective based game, make a lot of use of "wary fighter" and try to summon in more rippers turn one with the EOTG? would you think bringing in a second venusaur (solar ray basti) or a Carno (OB/SV) is worth spending CP on, or would you focus on hordes?

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Nurgle is pretty slow. However, if they are near a Feculent Gnarlmaw and on the first cycle of corruption they can be deceptively quick.

Mostly you should focus on trying to deny him Contagion Points. Essentially you want to camp his trees and invade his deployment. This is should be pretty easy to do with Great Remember and/or Chameleon Skinks. If he brings Bloab kill him quickly. Otherwise, try to pick off his Harbinger of Decay if he is fielding a mortal list.

Should your opponent play demons then try to spread him out thinly and attack his lines from multiple points. In a game of attrition nurgle will beat you. Keep him tied up and avoid over committing to combat.

Best of luck!

Crowsfoot likes this.
  5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

P.S

Summon Starlight his Blightkings :D It will do good things for your friendship.

GuaDan likes this.
  6. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

would you recommend taking the trait that lets the slann cast skink spells to be able to double "summon starlight him" and make the one LoSaT more reliable with "curse of fates"?

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

I don't think you can cast that twice.

ILKAIN and LizardWizard like this.
  8. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

You can only attempt to cast any spell once (regardless of failure or success) during the hero phase unless otherwise stated on the warscroll or in the spell's rule text.

GuaDan and ILKAIN like this.
  9. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

right duh.... blonde moment

LizardWizard likes this.