1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon 1k list Feedback wanted

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Platy262, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Platy262
    Jungle Swarm

Platy262 New Member

This is my list for 1,000 points of seraphon, I’m going for the summon spam with slann and astrolith bearer, because let’s be honest, it’s pretty great. Thought the synergy between the Saurus Warriors, Sunblood w/ Sunclaw starhost, and skink priest would be able to hold the line pretty well. What do you guys think?

30x Saurus Warriors- -1 rend, 2 damage because both of my friends play chaos armies, 2 attacks with jaws, 6’s do 2 damage because of Starpriest
    10x Skinks- hold objective
    Slann
    Astrolith bearer
    Starpriest
    Sunblood

Feedback would be appreciated, I’m pretty new to AOS. Also hopefully summoning a bastiladon by turn 3 and then skinks from there.

LizardWizard and Crowsfoot like this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Only problem is getting to turn 3 with your Slann alive, you don't have much to stop the enemy killing him with an early attack.

You might be better summoning in Skinks or Rippers and blocking the enemy off, use Lord of Space and Time to full effect.

Platy262 and LizardWizard like this.
  3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Are you taking 3 units of 10 warriors for Sunclaw? Otherwise this list isn't Matched Play legal.

Platy262 likes this.
  4. Platy262
    Jungle Swarm

Platy262 New Member

Oh crap, yeah I meant that oops

5. Platy262
    Jungle Swarm

Platy262 New Member

Thanks for the advice, I still have yet to get my hands on some rippers but I’ve heard they’re insanely good

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

You might be better off using your Skinks aggressively early on. If can speedbumb and entangle one or two enemy units then you should be able to set up good combat for your Saurus Warriors in future turns. Essentially you need to buy two or three turns for your summoning to really kick off.

I love Sunclaw, particularly Fangs of Sotek, but I have never tried to make it work at 1k. Let us know how your matches go:D

Crowsfoot and Platy262 like this.
  7. Platy262
    Jungle Swarm

Platy262 New Member

Thanks for the advice! Myfriends and I have just recently started playing, I’m playing seraphon, and the others are playing tzeentch, stormcast, and nurgle. So far I’ve done pretty well, just always looking to stay on top, and recently with the new summoning update I feel like seraphon will turn into one of the best armies. I’ll let ya know how they go!

Crowsfoot likes this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

You could be able so summon it since turn 2.
    Slann 10 pts/round, +1d3 from Astrolith.
    If you roll 4 with 2 d3, you'll have 24 pts by turn 2.

or you could swap the starpriest for a Cogs spell, then the Basti at turn 2 will be basically guaranteed.