1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon 2000pts, spreading too thin? #Noob

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Palitir, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Palitir
    Jungle Swarm

Palitir New Member

Hey, I'm looking for advice on my list. My choices are affected because currently I only have two start collecting sets and I am looking to pick up a couple more boxes to round out a list.

It fits coming it at 1960pts, but might be spreading myself too thin with a lot of minimum unit sizes.

1x Scar Vet on Carn - 260

1x Scar Vet on Carn - 260
    5x Knights - 120
    5x Knights - 120
    5x Knights - 120
    --Firelance Starhost - 60

1x Saurus Sunblood - 120
    10x Warriors - 100
    10x Warriors - 100
    10x Warriors - 100
    -- Sunclaw Starhost - 80

1x Skink Priest/Starpriest - 100
    10x Skinks - 80
    10x Skinks - 80
    3x Ripper Riders - 140
    -- Shadowstrike Starhost - 120

Also, would you recommend the Skink Priest or Starpriest?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Aginor and Ritual like this.
  2. Tozon
    Saurus

Tozon Active Member

I think the first thing to say is try it and see! Without knowing your opponents and how you and your friends play it is really hard to give you advise.

I do believe your concerns are justified though, trying to run 3 formations in 2k is really tight. I'd be personally tempted to just stick to the Firelance & Shadowstrike and then combine the Warriors into a big unit.

You've got 40pts spare so if you drop the Sunclaw Starhost (80) and combine the warriors that gives you 120. 120 is a great amount of points for you as it gives you a few options, the only problem is each of them requires one additional purchase so I'm not sure if that's a dealbreaker:
    1. 5 more Knights to boost on of the Firelance units to 10
    2. 5 Chameleon Skinks
    3. 10 more skinks (80) AND upgrade the sunblood to an Astrolith Bearer (+40)
    4. Reduce the Sunblood to an Oldblood (-20) and then get 3 more Ripperdactyls in the Shadowstrike formation

But the first thing I would do id grab whomever it is you will play the most and take them on with what you wrote, what do I know anyway - I'm just some bloke on the internet.

Aginor and Ritual like this.