1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon and Duardin alliance

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

One of the things I like most about AoS is the fact that you can mix and match any races provided they are in the same faction, so I thought of having an allied force of Seraphon, Fyreslayers and Kharadron Overlords. Have a look at this possible list:

Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur
    Auric Runefather on Magmadroth
    Arkanaut Admiral
    12 Vulkite Berzerkers
    18 Saurus Warriors with spears
    17 Saurus Warriors with clubs
    10 Arkanauts
    20 Saurus Guard
    8 Saurus Knights
    Arkanaut Frigate
    1 (or possibly 2) Grundstok Gunhaulers
    5 Grundstok Thunderers
    2 x 5 Hearthguard Berzerkers
    Slann Starmaster (if there's room)

This list is all about compensating for weaknesses - the Seraphon provide cavalry which the Duardin wouldn't be able to use on their own, the Kharadron provide some nasty shooting weapons and airships that can zoom around the board and the Fyreslayers and Saurus infantry provide some extra combat muscle.
    You could zoom the airships towards the enemy first, followed by the monsters and cavalry, so that the airships could blast things apart and the beasts wade into melee and tear the heart out of the enemy force. Then you can support this main attack with the Kharadron shooting troops, protected by the 2 units of hearthguard so that if the Kharadron are charged, they can retreat in the following movement phase and then to stop the enemy pursuing charge your hearthguard into them. At the very least you will have preserved your missile troops and at the very most you will have provided a devastating counter attack. Additionally the Gunhaulers can protect the frigate by taking wounds and the Slann can constantly respawn any Seraphon units that die in your magic phase.

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

It's one of the things I like the most as well but I'm mostly Seraphon & Aelf, I have yet to use a mixed list.

Bowser likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I love a mixed army! This one looks great, I really need to get a game or two against the kharadron overlords, get a feel for them.

Crowsfoot likes this.