1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon Army After GW Points (General's Handbook)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by coppettim, Jun 28, 2016.

1. coppettim
    Skink

coppettim New Member

Hi, I want some opinions about an army using new point system. I'm going for a defensive army as follow:

Heroes:
    Lord Kroak (540)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
    Total: 840

Units:
    Temple Guards x5 (100)
    Temple Guards x5 (100)
    Temple Guards x5 (100)
    Kroxigor x3 (180) (later can add +1 EoG and get Thunderquake Starhost for 2500pt matches, and have 140 saved for summon or extra troops)
    Total: 480

Monsters:

Bastiladon x2 (600)
    Total: 600

Formation:

Eternal Starhost (80)
    Total: 80

TOTAL: 2000

Any tips, coments? Maybe leave Kroxigors and add +5 T.Guards? With new rules, summoned units will be counted with the 2000cap right?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  2. heksagon
    Saurus

heksagon Active Member

Well... it's 5TG x 3, right?

coppettim likes this.
  3. coppettim
    Skink

coppettim New Member

Yes.. 5TG x3.. Updated original post

4. heksagon
    Saurus

heksagon Active Member

In my opinion this is a really good build. But. It could be quite hard to face 2000pts army of stormcasts with a deep strike. On the other hand- this formation is a Nagash's Nightmare. High ranged damage, great defense, one of the best casters. Very solid.

I'm not sure about kroxi. Imho it would be a good idea to add 5 TG to one of the units.

coppettim likes this.
  5. coppettim
    Skink

coppettim New Member

Using +5 TG instead Krox, it will be 1920 points, In this case i can add +10 Skinks for 80pt. and use their ranged attacks or +9TG (if they cost 20pt per model), so 7TG+7TG+10TG.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  6. heksagon
    Saurus

heksagon Active Member

coppettim likes this.
  7. coppettim
    Skink

coppettim New Member

8. coppettim
    Skink

coppettim New Member

About Kroxi choice, they could be good to face strong units like stormcasts and ogres, and soften them :D

9. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Before judging, we should learn how many things can field the other armies, but it sounds really solid.

I agree that you shouldn't field the kroxies.
    possible alternatives:
    - keep points in reserve: if they kill the warden, you can summon another one
    - squeeze 120 points for 5 chama skinks

Doubt:
    I suppose you're counting saurus guards as "battleline"
    I know they count as Battleline only if your army has "Seraphon Allegiance". Do you know what they exactly mean with "Allegiance" o_O? because it's not the warscroll battalion...

coppettim and Bowser like this.
  10. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I believe that seraphon allegiance is strictly seraphon. If you do a mixed order army you would not get the Seraphon allegiance.

coppettim and Killer Angel like this.
  11. Killer Angel
    Slann

OK, after some research, i can tell that:
    You decide with "Allegiance" your army has.

If you choose "Allegiance Seraphon", all your models must have the keyword "Seraphon", and (at that point) saurus guards are a battleline unit.

if you choose "Allegiance Order", all your models must have the keyword "Order": this means that you can have a mixed army (Seraphon / Stormcast / Duardin), OR even a Seraphon only army. A Seraphon only army that has "Allegiance Order", doesn't have the guards as battleline, BUT will have the goodies of the Allegiance order (aka the Battletraits, the Command Traits and the Artefacts).

"Allegiance Seraphon" won't let you play with the new Order toys. ;)

12. coppettim
    Skink

coppettim New Member

Honestly I don't know much about battlelines and about what they can do. but I saw about hoy much of them I must have:

2000pts 1-6 Leaders 3+ Battleline 0-4 Artillery 0-4 Behemoths any other units

Using Allegiance Order, I can't count my TG as battlelines right? In this case if I choose for Order, I'll have 0 battlelines, but I need 3+ in a 2000 match.

Battletraits, Command Traits and Artefacts are limited to Order-Death-Chaos-Destruction only or Seraphon,Stormcast,Khorne, ... have it too?

Thanks You all :D

13. heksagon
    Saurus

heksagon Active Member

At this moment we only know about Order-Chaos-Death-Destruction traits/artefacts, but there will be separate traits/artefacts for Stormcast/Seraphon/etc Allegiance for sure.

coppettim likes this.
  14. Killer Angel
    Slann

Exactly: you can field your list as "Seraphon Allegiance" (Guards count as battleline - aka "core troops"), but if you field it as "Order Allegiance", guards are no more battleline, and you'd need 3 battleline units of Skinks or Saurus warriors.

Battletraits, Command Traits and Artefacts are made for the Order-Death-Chaos-Destruction factions.
    Seraphon and Stormcast are also armies of Order, Khorne is Chaos, Tomb Kings is Death, Orcs and Goblins is Destruction, and so on.
    It all boils down to: what is the prevalent "personality" of my army? Seraphon or Order? Khorne or Chaos? the Race or the Faction?

If you choose the Race, you will have the advantage of strong elite units that can be used as "battleline".
    If you choose the Faction, you will have the advantage of free battletraits and artefacts.

At least, this is how I'm understanding the thing.

That's certainly possible!

$lav3_N8, coppettim and Bowser like this.
  15. coppettim
    Skink

coppettim New Member

Oh, thats nice, coz I want to use Seraphon Only army. About army, I just ordered 1 bastiladon, astolith bearer and eternity warden.. so I have all army but execpt for that 180pt for kroxigors.. Hope I can decide soon :)

Bowser likes this.
  16. coppettim
    Skink

coppettim New Member

OH! I got it now. So choosing faction I can focus on my elites. Ok :)

Thanks

Bowser and Killer Angel like this.
  17. Killer Angel
    Slann

You're welcome. When you want to play formations that don't include "basic" battleline units as skinks or saurus warriors, and you're short on points, then "Seraphon Allegiance" is probably the best way to go, to avoid that kind of tax.

18. Hero606v2
    Skink

Hero606v2 New Member

Very similar army to the one I normally play although I go with Chameleon Skinks > Kroxigor for their ability to steal objectives.
    Unfortunately though Lord Kroak has been nerfed by the Rule of 1.

Bowser likes this.