1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seraphon tokens

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Irish Lizarman, May 26, 2018.

1. Irish Lizarman
    Chameleon Skink

Irish Lizarman Well-Known Member

Hey guys Ive been play AOS for a while now and only ever won 1 game one of my biggest problems is remembering abilities and spells cast on a unit (also formations but that's another story) but Im wondering has anyone made thier own tokens or have print out of them etc

Warden likes this.
  2. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

There is a US firm named Litko that will create / has created many designs of Wargames Tokens. They probably have something. There is a terrain building thread around here someplace where local lizard-folk were scratchbuilding various markers.

Do you have dice from Dungeons and Dragons? You could use polyhedral things like D10s, D8s, or D4s to represent different things.

Edited to add :: A Link To Litko

An Older Thread on this topic

Thread with nifty scratchbuilt ideas

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  3. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I actually made some of my own tokens not too long ago. They are just painted foam cut out of foam sheets direct from the craft store; got a bunch of wound markers, some frenzy/stupidity markers, dispel scrolls/power stones, and some flaming skulls to represent magic. Took one afternoon to cut them out and basecoat, and a second afternoon to add the details! :D

warden201804_game tokens complete 1.jpg

If you go this route it would probably be the cheapest option, you would be limited by only your own painting skill. I would love to make more eventually pertaining to specific spells or other effects.

I also made a nifty box:

warden201804_game tokens complete 2.jpg

4. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

Hate to necro an older thread, but I didn't want to start a new one on the same topic.

I created these simple tokens with MS Paint, contact paper, and screw-off bottle caps
    IMG_20190219_110846.jpg

Attached Files:

Warden, Crowsfoot and Irish Lizarman like this.
  5. Irish Lizarman
    Chameleon Skink

OMG SO SIMPLE id of never thought of that thanks for the idea

Wilhelm Stürmer likes this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Okay, a cool idea for tokens, but....but.... who screws off crown corks? What kind of dark magic is that???
    [​IMG]

Crowsfoot likes this.
  7. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

I understand, but using the church-key deforms the metal. That's why I used the screw-off ones.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah I know. (I still only was half joking btw. Such caps are pretty rare here, probably because many people would call them fake).

For this purpose they are perfect though!

Crowsfoot likes this.
  9. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

:) Yeah, I knew you were joking. I think my reply came across too seriously. I wouldn't say screw-offs are in the majority in the US, but there are quite a few local breweries that will use them. Most of mine came from Leinenkugel beers.

Crowsfoot and Aginor like this.
  10. Irish Lizarman
    Chameleon Skink

Time to drink loads of coke

11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I made some basic ones for my Fyreslayers simply by using text boxes and circles on Microsoft Word (I seem to use Microsoft Word for just about everything that needs to be done on a document - perhaps too much :p). Haven't printed them out yet (waiting until I can accumulate more of an army before printing these off and sticking them onto cardboard), but here's a screenshot of some of my work:
    Fyreslayer token screenshot.PNG
    It would be pretty simple to do the same for Seraphon - find a more lizardy background and replace the Fyreslayer ability names with Seraphon ones.

In any case, Seraphon should by all accounts be getting a book at some point soon so maybe it would just be worth waiting to get the new Warscroll card tokens when it comes out.

In any case, hope this idea helps :)

12. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

@Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl I really like the background on your tokens! A star field or nebula background on my tokens would probably look really nice. Also, I have an idea to get mine laser cut, as the libraries around here have some tools for that and 3D printing.

13. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Thank you!

It's orange marble - I simply found an image of orange marble on good old Google search and used that as my background.

That's a good idea - certainly laser cut wood or plastic will last a lot longer than cardboard :p

14. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

@Lord Agragax of LunaxoatlI took your idea and ran with it. The text is just placeholders and can be easily edited in Word. I've uploaded the .docx (as a .zip) file as well.

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 11.15.08 AM.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019