1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon V Dark elves capture the tower

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Crowsfoot, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Archie played Seraphon 50 wounds aporox, 1 Hero, 1 monster, 1 priest

4 Saurus cav
    20 temple guard, 2 units of 10
    Trog with skink priest
    Gor rok
    Skink priest, I know 2 priests!

My Dark Elves,

Malus
    Hydra
    10 Executioners
    5 Cold one Knights
    5 Dark riders
    Sorceress

Restrictions: no shooting (bad for me)

Game idea, 6*3 table tower at each end, first to opponents tower wins, blockade in middle of table which needs negotiating.

Turn 1

Nothing much apart from all units run from both sides.

Turn 2

Archie places 10 TG, 4 SC and priest to the right of the blockage, Gor rok, Trog and 10 TG to the left

DE go Hydra left to engage SC and TG, 5 cold one knights, 5 dark riders and malus go right to head of Trog, Executioners and sauce don't move.

Turn 3

Archie moves then charges with SC holds back TG and priest, Gor rok failed charge into Malus, Trog charges cold ones, TG charge dark riders, combat they wipe out 2 riders and 2 cold ones, Malus loses 4 wounds to Gor,SC take 3 wounds of Hydra, priest cast bolt and takes another.

DE, Executioners and priest move left but don't charge, Hydra takes out 2 SC, Malus takes 2 wounds of Gor, dark riders miss every TG, cold ones take 5 wounds of Trog, all pass
    BS test.

Turn 4

Archie moves 10 TG past the hydra and charges flank side, priest stays still, Gor casts on dark riders, TG wipe out dark riders, Trog wipes out cold ones and Gor kills Malus, Archie now has a clear run at my tower, SC do nothing to the Hydra but priest cast bolt and takes 2 wounds,TG take 3.

DE, I move Executioners and sauce to cut of Trog, Gor and TG, Hydra wipes out SC and 2 TG.

Turn 5

Archie now runs with Trog and TG towards my tower, TG against hydra, they kill it and now have open path to tower with priest behind.

DE, executioners engage TG and kill 6, sauce kills 2 more BS pass

Turn 6

Archie kills 2 Executioners with TG and Gor, Trog runs and is almost at the tower, TG right side run as does priest with no obstacles

DE kill remaining TG and Gor but are in no mans land and can't reach Archies tower or a unit next turn.

Turn 7

Trog reaches tower as does TG and priest ending a slaughter victory for Seraphon.

Conclusion, not using all rules yet as were still learning but Seraphon are strong in all aspects.

DE, units of Cav were not effective were as executioners destroyed TG

Really good game and we both learn't abit more about each army.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Sounds like a blast! Always good to learn more about the armies!

3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

It was but not shooting really hurt as over the course of the battle my dark riders would have had sround 50 crossbow shots, but were loving AOS

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yeah no shooting is tough! I played a game with my friend the other day, we limited the shots to 20 base shots ( you could get more from unit size bonuses) but yeah, no shooting changes it up quite a bit. Whole new set of tactics! Sounds like a really fun game thiugh no shooting just "get to de choppa" (even in text my Arnold Schwarzenegger is bad!) Haha!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015