1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadow War: Armageddon

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by BeardyGecko, Mar 15, 2017.

1. BeardyGecko
    Ripperdactil

BeardyGecko Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people say the campaign rules aren't up to scratch, I'd probably bastardise the system to make it more 'munda. Just got my wyches and already have some skitarii & genestealer cultists to mess about with.

DeadlyRecluse and Bowser like this.
  2. Wolfwerty33
    Cold One

Wolfwerty33 Active Member

I really want to play this but everyone at my local GW store are AoS fanatics, so they don't play it... Luckily I'm in a big city with multiple stores.

Bowser likes this.
  3. Dragonfire
    Cold One

Dragonfire Well-Known Member

They are definitely not the same as Necromunda. There's some campaign stuff there, but not as immersive as Necromunda was.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I thought of using Shadow War to expand the old Necromunda to include kill teams from different races as well as underhive gangs to maximise the choice of factions, as the new version is too much based upon 40K 8th Edition for my liking, so you could use an Ork freebooter gang or a Tyranid Warrior Death squad. The only faction I have minis for I don’t like in SWA is Necrons - why on Earth did GW choose an Immortal to be the kill team leader as well as a trooper rather than an ordinary Lord or Lychguard as leader? You can’t have a badass Lord or Lychguard majestically advancing with warscythe or hyper phase sword in hand and beheading his chosen foe, just an Appointed Immortal who can only choose his gauss blaster. It looks really unthematic, too much like @NIGHTBRINGER ’s oldcrons. I love the new Necromunda gang minis, but Escher as one of the factions in the boxed game? That was a real mistake...

Warden likes this.
  5. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Anyone seen the new necromunda video game that was just announced?