1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Shootcast Versus Seraphon

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Jurrasic Carp, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Jurrasic Carp
    Skink

Jurrasic Carp Member

This seraphon list and player recently went 5-0 at an event with this list. I have personally played this Stormcast player and got tabled. Seeing this match up was really insightful for me.

Warden and LizardWizard like this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Great bat rep. Thanks for posting.

Derek made a rules mistake with this Shadowstrike Starhost. They shouldn't have been +1 to wound rolls because he didn't deploy from the havens due to Total Commitment. Not that it would have made any difference. 5 Rippers is massive overkill for vs 5 liberators.

He also shouldn't have been rerolling his hits and wounds from the Rippers on his opponent's turn. Swooping dive only affects your own combat phase.

3. Jurrasic Carp
    Skink

Jurrasic Carp Member

I mentioned that to the video poster! The swooping thing is a big deal since the list has been doing well at events, it has been doing to well it turns out. The +1 to wound I agree didn't matter much but was worth noting. A last note that I talked to a team mate about last week.

Losat -- If you fail and try again as Derek did in turn 1 with the 3 rippers, it is my belief he cannot charge. The first failure takes away the units ability to move and charge. No where in the 3-6 table does it ever restore this lost ability. Even a 5-6 says move as normal, however previous effects prevent you from moving as normal for the rest of the turn (not that he rolled a 5-6). This is my RAW interpretation and I can see it being ruled either way.

4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Yep. He could use LoSaT on it a second time, but it would not be able to charge if on either of those rolls he got a 1-2. Fortunately he failed that charge roll anyways, so it didn't have any game impact.

Jurrasic Carp likes this.