1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Skaven - Good, Bad or just Incompetent?

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Otzi'mandias, Apr 27, 2016.

?

Good, Bad or Incompetent?

Poll closed May 25, 2016.
  1. Good

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Bad

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Incompetent

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

I am very possessive about eggshells.

2. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

Obviously, where else would you get your calcium? Various of exoskeleton from marine arthropods and molluscs shells...?!?

3. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

I was tagged in this and although I am busy for most of the year preparing gifts for all I found time to weigh in on the discussion - I firmly believe good and evil are fated to the coin flip - what for one may be evil may be the just cause of another. A utopia can only exist if all share in it's ideals so until there is a universal unity there will always be discord - difference. Who can say who is right or wrong? what is good or bad? - It all depends what higher purpose you answer to.

In summary the Skaven scum should be shaven and strung up like the weasels they aren't ;) but for those who like Skaven they are a good folk fighting for what's right for them and that is a noble a cause as any.

My friend has rats as pets and they are kind intelligent creatures perhaps their are similar Skaven in the Warhammer world I must read up on them I know little of them.

Paradoxical Pacifism and Bowser like this.
  4. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

Maybe those kind rats are the Clan secret, locked away out of shame and embarrassment...
    just like some humans do actually, although they tend to be the psychos and killers among us.

5. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

Interesting characters, villains, factions, races, and so on, aren't one hundred percent bad or good. Rather, it's a mixture that can either side with the DARK side more than being good, or the other way around. It creates a whole new dynamic if the antagonist is doing something that's actually morally good all along. Or if the main character has a really miserable trait gained from its past.
    Plus, it's realistic.

6. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

Massively out by a few years but this popped up on new posts - thanks @Paradoxical Pacifism ;D

The poll may be dead but I’ll add my 2cents.

Skaven are great - love them.

Reading any book/fluff about them is always amusing, I just finished the Nagash book, loved it - especially the parts where skaven are trying to downfall the big undead guy - and of course end up creating the weapon that does end him (for a time)

The conversations and schemes amongst the skaven are brilliant, their leaders are inspirational and their armies are fun/brutal.
    Sadly their weaknesses hold them back (but who’s perfect) in fighting, paranoia and fear holds them back, else they would wipe everything out - and where would be the fun in that :D

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.