1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skink Heavy Weapon Teams?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Darken, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Darken
    Jungle Swarm

Darken New Member

Hello!

I've jumped aboard the AoS 2.0 ship with my love of our cold blooded space dino peoples!
    I'm really finding it hard to either like the razordon/salamander models or find a good (nice sculpt) alternative.

So I had the idea of skink heavy weapon teams, but I thought I'd dip my toe in here and see what you guys think.
    1) First off is Skinks using the stegadon weapons (giant crossbow = salamander/Giant blowpipes = razordon)
    Still with a pair of skink handlers (spotters?).
    2) The second and more controversial idea is skinks piloting actual heavy weapons (like the 40k Eldar ones) made to look more aztecky, representing the new 'magic tech' they have, with suggestions of spaceships, teleporters, the oldblood's gun-hand etc in the fluff.

What do you think people?

tom ndege likes this.
  2. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Chicken Lips Well-Known Member

3. Darken
    Jungle Swarm

Darken New Member

Yeah I've seen them while searching. They do look good, but there doesnt seem to be an appropriately sized model and they wont come out till august 2019!

Chicken Lips likes this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I like the idea of using Skink teams with heavy weapons as Salamander/Razordon substitutes.
    For the Salamander you could really take a Stegadon Flame Thrower and put it on a tripod mount, with a Skink or two on the base (base size of a Salamander of course) who operate it.

For the Razordon it is a bit harder to make it fit the warscroll. I have to think about it.

5. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Chicken Lips Well-Known Member

Or you could make a "Floating Turret" something. A big Mayan Statue with a flame thrower jutting out of it's mouth with a couple of Skinks manning it. It could float on a platform like the Slann. That would represent it's ability to move. Not sure how you'd explain it's CC fighting ability though.

Darken likes this.
  6. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

That's a nice idea. Something like the scorpion (ancient Roman army or age of empires...) comes to my mind...
    Though the bit attack comes a bit tricky as @Chicken Lips said ...