1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Skink Patrol

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Snoopdeville3, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Snoopdeville3
    Razordon

Snoopdeville3 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I have been hearing some people get like 200+ hits on a unit with Skink Patrol/Shadowstrike Ripperdacyls, when they enter the bf and go into melee combat.

Did GW nerf the ability to reroll the added on hits with the Ripperdacyls ability? I thought I read it somewhere but cant find it now. It didnt specifically point out the Rippers. By nerf I mean, like ended the reroll, stating somethig like, rerolls are only for the initial attacks and cant be used for any bonus abilities.

Thanks!

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yeah it's in the rule of 1s. Nerfed big time. Though I have never known anyone who was lucky enough to get 200+ must have had a huge unit of rippers!

Snoopdeville3 likes this.
  3. Snoopdeville3
    Razordon

Ya I read it on a forum, not sure of the size, thanks for the clarification :)

Bowser likes this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

My record was 64 hits with 3 rippers... but they've got the support of a skink chief, so it was a 3+ rerollable.

Bowser and Snoopdeville3 like this.
  5. Snoopdeville3
    Razordon

Yes I did someting similar I forgot how mnay i got up to, i think around 40ish and my buddy was like, "ok stop there, we will call this unit dead" lol.

m0gstar and Bowser like this.
  6. Snoopdeville3
    Razordon

Hey Bowser I'm thinking about bringing these rippers into a game Saturday. Just to clarify because its been sometime.... If a Ripper scores a hit each time with its vicious beak he can make another attack against the target. All those extra attacks are not given the reroll ability when swooping down in melee correct?

Bowser likes this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You reroll all failed hit and wound including the extra attacks. This doesn't count as rerolling a reroll it counts as rerolling an extra attack. You just can't generate further attacks from them.

Snoopdeville3 likes this.
  8. Snoopdeville3
    Razordon

ah got it thanks!