1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Skink quake artifact suggestions

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Robertxtrem, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Robertxtrem
    Cold One

Robertxtrem Active Member

Hey

I'm building a 2k list for weekend tournament and I'm having trouble with artifacts and traits and could do with some help.

The list is as follows;
    Slann
    Skink starseer
    Engine of the gods
    Bastiladon (arc)
    Bastiladon (solar)
    Skinks x10
    Skinks x20
    Skinks x40
    Kroxigor
    Thunderquake

I'm leaning towards Phoenix stone for the engine and the come back to life thing for the slann.
    Trait wise I can't decide between the teleport or the skink spells.
    Open to any and all ideas.

Cheers, Xtrem

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

You cannot use the Phoenix stone while having Seraphon allegiance.

So probably you should give incandescent Retrices to the Slann or the EotG and either Coronal Shield or Prism of Amyntok to the Slann or the Starpriest.
    If you don't really need the double teleport for your planned tactic I'd go for the Skink spells trait. A EotG with Curse of Fates and a Slann near is pretty powerful.

Seraphage likes this.
  3. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

If EotG is ever going to get in combat, go for the Coronal Shield, hands down. It is just too good !
    By the way @Aginor do you think that Curse of Fates can change Coronals' Shield result? It happens at the start of the combat phase so I am guessing that it can and thus need a 3+ for that sweet sweet -1 to hit ?

4. Robertxtrem
    Cold One

Right my mistake I thought you could still use the order ones too. Narrows it down a bit. The coronal shield, is that every combat phase? Because any makes it sound like it's one use. Starlight is strong but I already have curse of fate so I guess the double teleport? I can drop 10 more skinks for a starpriest

5. Robertxtrem
    Cold One

Unless I drop the starseer, take the skink spells on the slann and take another 50 skinks So I have 120

6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Hmmmmm.... let's look at the wording....
    - It is a dice roll
    - It applies for one unit, that one has to be the buffed unit of course

....I don't see why not. I also cannot remember a FAQ saying that you cannot modify rolls of artefacts. In fact I am pretty sure there are artefacts for other armies where it is ccommon to modify them using spells or abilities. Thinking Tzeentch or Sylvaneth. But I have to check that.

For now I'd say yes you can.

The FAQ clarified that "any" means "one or more". So "at the start of any combat phase" means you can use it twice a round, in your and in your opponent's combat phase. Otherwise it would say "in any of your combat phases". For abilities that can only be used one they normally use the wording "once per battle".

So yeah, in every combat phase.

Seraphage likes this.