1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Skinks Vs Saurus Warrios

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Byte, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Schwaaah
    Saurus

Schwaaah Active Member

If I need numbers and survivability to realistically contest an objective, I'd want saurus over skinks. If I need to tarpit a unit and pin it in place while I go to town elsewhere, I would probably want saurus.

However, I do not want saurus for damage. I do not want Saurus for screens (where skinks excel imo due to their ability to run away). I see saurus mostly as a good source of soaking up wounds and getting a large number of models on an objective. If you want saurus to really do decent damage you need at least 30 of them (aka block of 40), which is just a heck of an investment and they take up an incredible amount of space.

The ultimate tarpit imo, though, is saurus guard. They get that delicious 3+ save just hanging out with another hero and getting a mystic shield on them gives them an incredible ability to soak up wounds. Eternal starhost makes them damn near unmoveable without mortal wounds or some serious rend. Seraphon tend to have a ton of units that all have unique strengths giving us an incredible toolbox to work with. It's just hard sometimes to figure out what is the correct tool for a given situation

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Carnosaurs, all the way! In all seriousness saurus warriors can be very effective if utilized correctly. With the right buffs they can be very durable, from say a skink Priest or a command ability they can take a decent amount of damage. That high bravery means that making them run away will be extremely hard to beat down. In terms of damage in a sunclaw they can deal enough damage quickly enough to generally repel most large monsters from getting anywhere near them and they objective they are on.

Schwaaah likes this.