1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Skrox related question

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by pendrell, Mar 5, 2015.

1. pendrell
    Skink

pendrell Member

Hi there, I am very attracted by the S7 core choices so I would like to start using a Skrox unit but I m afraid to get flank charged by enemy cavalry (with lances) which would be able to kill the kroxigors before they even get to strike.
    I would like them to survive at least the first turn of combat where many cavalry get the strenght bonus.
    If there are 2 ranks of skinks the enemy cannot direct the attacks to the kroxigors so I was thinking of fielding this, is it legal? or do they have to be in the center?

http://i60.tinypic.com/2555pbo.png

I would field the TG block on the left side of this so that the kroxies are protected from the left side also.

2. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

perfectly legal :)
    and a clever thought to work around your problem I must say!

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

If the top of the pic is then front, then yea this would be legal.

4. pendrell
    Skink

pendrell Member

thank you for the answers, yes the top is the front. I will try it out then.

5. pendrell
    Skink

pendrell Member

Another question, can kroxigors in a skrox unit benefit from the "make way!" like characters do? In other words: if an enemy charges the right flank of the unit in the picture above, am I allowed to move the kroxigors to the right side to put them in base contact to the enemy?

6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

You could do a reform, but that would probably be before you get flank charged,
    because I think that would take 2 skinks out of combat, and that would be against the rules.

7. MHK Pathfinder
    Cold One

MHK Pathfinder Member

Just know that a lance of knights going into the side of skink cohort will win combat res and pop the unit turn 1.

Even with a LD 8-9 general nearby, you'll be losing combat by 5+, conservatively. Best to not get flanked. Use skirmishers on the flank to force a bad charge, reform cohort, and then counter-charge, if possible.

8. SilverFaith
    Terradon

SilverFaith Member

Or at least make sure they are stubborn. Otherwise, aside from the rare rubberlance charge, it doesn't really matter whether they hit the skinks or kroxigors - the unit is gone no matter what happens. Might as well put at least one kroxigor in base contact then, just to get a shot at doing SOMETHING before breaking.