1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Slann - Alone or in TG - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by syypher, Sep 8, 2011.

1. serbianwolf
    Cold One

serbianwolf Active Member

when u use the alone slann do you buy hum the flying item or u just use his movement?

2. Smexygor
    Chameleon Skink

Smexygor New Member

Can't fly; he's not technically on foot. :rolleyes:

I give the divine plaque of protection, ethereal, maybe the magic resistance item, or crown of command and hold up a huge block that can't hurt him. Lore of beasts is good for that combo.

3. ChandlerGriz
    Chameleon Skink

ChandlerGriz Member

Slann cannot be put on a flying carpet for the same reason he cannot cast the Lore of Beasts #6 spell... its lame but "thems the breaks!"

4. sirkently
    Cold One

sirkently Member

I like both types of Slann. And just to be a stickler, higher state of consciousness does not make you eathereal, it makes him incorporeal. Which basically means the slann isn't immune to terrain effects as are ethereal creatures.

As for equipment, I like the divine plaque, and an amulet of magic resistance to protect him. Mostly run shadow, so can use the fly spell in the lore for moving him around. Then load up with characters, use the slann to charge something and switch places with one of the combat characters.

Another interesting tactic is to move him up into a forest where the opponent can charge him. As he is stubborn while in the woods, he can hold them there for a unit to flank charge the next turn.