1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Slann or Kroak?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by TheKuznetsov, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Galen
    Saurus

Galen Active Member

Ehh, on average he gets 7 attacks, 4 hit, 3 wound at -1, 1 dmg each. That's not particularly threatening. At the end of the day he's still a spellcaster first, since for summoning you just would take a regular Slann.

2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I'm not saying he's going to outperform say a carnosaur in melee. But he would easily be able to keep up with a lot of the heroes on foot, even if they're dedicated melee ones like a sunblood or darkoath chieftans. Hell even something like a orruk MegaBoss on foot only barely outdamages him on average. Especially when taking into consideration his sturdiness he should be useable in the front line. Plus it makes his positioning for his spells easier anyway. I'm curious if it'd actually work.

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

What makes Kroak dangerous in melee, is a combination of things:
    - he can do some damage, a fact that cannot be ignored.
    - if you don't kill kroak, he will heal. You won't.
    - You will be in full range of its spells, so, again, you'd better hope to kill it in the first combat round

Canas likes this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah the thing about Kroak's healing is that you have to make sure that you can do enough damage on him in _one_ round. So you have to commit more stuff to killing him.

Canas likes this.
  5. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

Archkyrie11 Active Member

So I'm currently building a 1K list based on Summoning so Obviously My pick is the Slann. I'm using the the Slann+Astrolith+EotG Core and I'm caught up in whether to use Vast Intellect or Great Remember

Any suggestions on pros vs cons

6. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

Going summoning requires sacrificing your spells to gather conjugation points, so it's usually great rememberer.

Gives great board control, and you can use it twice on the same unit if the first attempt fails.

Killer Angel likes this.
  7. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

Archkyrie11 Active Member

Yea in hindsight makes complete sense If I want heavy summoning lol