1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS So How Exactly Do the Seraphon Work?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by TheSkeptic, May 28, 2017.

1. TheSkeptic
    Chameleon Skink

TheSkeptic Active Member

So, I very much liked the Lizardmen, and how they were mysterious, and they followed "The Great Plan", which was inscrutable to all but the Slann and their long gone masters, and I feel the same about the Seraphon. One thing, however, bothers me. Are any Seraphon but the Slann "Alive"? In the Battletome, they seem to be saying that the Slann are summoning their armies from their memories of the former inhabitants of their temple cities. But some lines, such as: "Zectoka's task was done. With a thought, his army returned to the stars as the slann rose into the sky." Seem to imply otherwise. So does that mean the Slanns have got entire armies just kinda chillin' up in their temple cities? Or are they just calling them forth from memory? Or are they giving form to the souls of the now deceased Seraphon, which otherwise drift through space? I also recall a part of the battletome where a slann summons forth a herd of stegadon and, after they've achieved his desired task, just kind of leaves them to wander about. Are they "Alive" then, or just fragments of the Slanns memories? I'm mostly ok with the mystery of the Seraphon, but this is one thing I feel I need cleared up for me.

Warden and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The Sunblood are living saurus, most of the dinosaurs are alive except for the cold ones. They rebuilt Lustria in high azyr. I could be wrong but I believe that The summoned, seem to go about their lives once summoned, so they may be memories, but they may take on a life of their own. I kind of like having a blank slate.

Warden likes this.
  3. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

PhoenixTheCat Well-Known Member

What the Seraphon are varies between the Slann. Some Seraphon are only around for battle, then stored inside the Slann's mind as memories until that Slann calls upon them again. Others exist in temple-cities up in the stars. In the fluff for my army, Felis Major, the Seraphon live in a pocket realm between Ghur and Uglu, and they also have a small camp in a mesa somewhere in the Realm of Beasts. I guess it depends on the Slann.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

The lore is that we got completely destroyed from Skaven raids. Not because they were stronger but due to plagues they were carrying. The Slanns were too busy not doing anything being the slanns they are - gazing at some flies flying around for example for years. When they realised what happened, they escaped to space. The lizards have almost been extinguished but the Slann are so powerful that they can recreate them from memory. Literally.

Example : I 'm up against Chaos Daemons. I remember that Bob, Gary and Simon were really good at tearing apart daemons so by memory I actually recreate their being. Because I'm a Slann and I can literally do almost anything :cool: But otherwise, Bob, Gary and Simon no longer exist in material form. Only when a Slann decides to recreate them they take form through celestial energy.

I was annoyed to read that we lost to those filthy rats due to not acting back in big scale but still pretty cool lore :D

Warden, Captaniser and Bowser like this.
  5. TheSkeptic
    Chameleon Skink

TheSkeptic Active Member

Ok, so basically the only remaining Lizardmen are the Slann. That answers my question. One more though, if you may: What are the Sunbloods then? They clearly didn't exist during the Endtimes or in the Old World, so what are the Slann drawing their memory of them from?

Bowser and Captaniser like this.
  6. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Sunbloods are distorted memories, and evolution you may call it. Do you sometimes try too remember a thing that happend a long time ago, but things doesn't add up or it's all foggy? When things like that happend, your brain will try to "create" memories that seem real and plausibel, but will usually be slightly exaggerated to a greater or lesser degree. These "created" memories will vary depending on the person. A person with a lot of confidence, or is a narcissist, will replace the lost memories with something good and positive for that person. A person with low confidence, or anxiety, will replace these forgotten memories with bad things, usually something so bad that it is a good thing they forgot about it.

The Sunbloods would then vary greatly from which Slaan they are remembered by. One Slaan will create a SB (Sunblood) that inspires, and is a great leader. Another Slaan will create a unstoppable monster, that leaves a trail of ruin and despair in it's wake.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Warden, Bowser and Seraphage like this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Sunbloods are the saurus, evolving and changing over time. Here is the excerpt from the product description:
    they are rare amongst the seraphon - living relics, ancient beyond belief.

8. TheSkeptic
    Chameleon Skink

TheSkeptic Active Member

But aren't the Saurus all dead? Like, thousands of years dead?

9. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Not all of them.

10. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

gcf.PNG

They are made of the light of Azyr, but at the same time, nobody knows what they really are.

Warden and Seraphage like this.
  11. TheSkeptic
    Chameleon Skink

TheSkeptic Active Member

But I imagine that there are no Spawning pools floating through space with the Temple Pyramids, what with the pyramids being in Azyr, yes? Then how are any Saurus still alive? I know Saurus are possessed of impressive longevity, but I doubt their lifespan would extend for thousands, even tens of thousands, if years.

Captaniser likes this.
  12. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

The Saurus are biologically immortal, the older they become, they tougher they become.

n810 likes this.
  13. TheSkeptic
    Chameleon Skink

TheSkeptic Active Member

Oh, really? Good to know.

Captaniser likes this.
  14. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

skinks not so much...