1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS So if you were collecting 1 army from each Grand alliance?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by samheim, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Order: Seraphon.
    Death: Tomb Kings (technically you can still play them), but if we're looking for an actual supported army… eh, LoN
    Chaos: Nurgle
    Destruction: Spider gobbos

Schwaaah, Womboski and Aginor like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

That's a good choice!
    I am not a fan of Grots but the Spiders are pretty cool!

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Me neither… and I'm also kinda arachnophobic. :p

But an army with arachnaroks and spider riders is truly impressive and looks decisely threatening.

4. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

2 horde armies! Skaven AND Gloomspite Gitz!

I won't lie, I love both of those armies. I use to collect Skaven in WHFB days. A very long time ago.

I was looking at them in AoS and the army I would want to build would be Screaming bell + lots of clan rats + giant rats and rat ogres. I don't really care that much for clan Skrye or clan Pestilence. I would not collect this army because I would just be to much work.

Same for Gloomspite. Squigs and Night Goblins are epic. But filelding a whole army of goblins! I don't know what would be more work the goblin army or the Skaven. But they are both pretty daunting.

As I said tho, I like all the armies Games Workshop makes. My least favourite factions are Dwarf and Dark Elf. But I still like them. I just find them less interesting then the other factions.

I personally don't see the problem of fielding a dwarf or elf army now with the Cities of Sigmar book. Though I agree splitting up dwarfs and elves but letting Skaven keep everything, does seem unfair.

5. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

Skained Well-Known Member

Order: Seraphon, and maybe fyreslayers
    Destruction: ironjawz
    Death: ossiarch bonereapers
    Chaos: Skavens

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

that was unexpected.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  7. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

Skained Well-Known Member

the current death bands do not call me much, and that I see quite curious

8. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

You, sir, know good taste when you see it. I salute you! :)

Dr.Doom and Skained like this.
  9. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

Just god my Blades Of Khorne army today.

So this is the first army that I have chosen, that I really "wanted".

I got Stormcast and Nighthaunt because of the cheap box sets and I was just getting into it. I bought Seraphons because the person I play with wanted them.

I like all those armies though. But Blades Of Khorne is a different feeling. These models look really great. I have about 30 models. And only a blood stoker as a character.

I might actually mix this with some Khorne demons and have a Demon Prince as the general. But I have it packed away, I am just going to collect for it, until I finish this Seraphon army. Probably will add a Stegaddon, Basilidon and Skinks to finish it off.

I think there is a possiblity of new Sarus models, so I don't want to get anymore coldone Knights or Saurus unless I am sure. I sadly miss out on a Carnosaur, but never mind.

I hope they don't update Skinks to the Blood Bowel one's with the big eyes.

10. Dracorex
    Cold One

Dracorex Well-Known Member

Order: hmmm...I don’t knooooowww...it’s such a hard decision;).

Chaos: skaven are my second favorite army in the game. Too bad they don’t have any other SC boxes. If I had to choose one clan I would go with Skryre or Moulder with clanrats mixed in. Either that or Tzeentch. I love the lord of change and tzaangor models, so I would build an army of those(if only they had their own SC box). Both skaven and Tzeentch are always scheming and overthinking things to a point where they end up screwing themselves over(sort of like me in real life) which is always fun.

Destruction: Beastclaw Raiders. I love monsters in warhammer.

Death: either Flesh-Eater Courts or Nighthaunt. FEC because they look cool and I like their lore. Nighthaunt because they look cool and fun to paint.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  11. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Order: Seraphon. I just wish we'd get a new battletome to retcon all the early installment weirdness of our current one.
    Chaos: Skaven. I'm especially partial towards clans Eshin and Skryre, maybe with some Moulder mixed in. I'm not a fan of Pestilens.
    Destruction: Ogor Mawtribes.
    Death: Legions of Nagash. I'm looking to do a Blood Knight army.

12. Womboski
    Temple Guard

Womboski Well-Known Member

Order:
    Seraphon and deepkin
    already have so I'm set!(don't worry I'm not spamming eels)Seraphon was my first Warhammer love. Rip lizardmen. Also I worked on a cruise ship and grew to love the ocean so deepkin are a natural fit too.

Chaos:
    Tzeentch
    Spells spells spells for everyone. I ran a double deamon prince list with a LoC. It was a lot of fun , had -3rend relic on sword DP and +1 hit for axe DP. Sometimes I would run ogrid with relic that let's him attack twice once per game. Was a lot of fun, but I wasn't huge fan of how the deamons look and the lore. I sold it for my deepkin army.

Death:
    New death army looks pretty dope.

Destruction:
    Goblins look fun to play but I've always loved me some orcs and the new battletome just came out. Don't know tbh.

13. Killer Angel
    Slann

a cheap choice… :p

14. Womboski
    Temple Guard

Womboski Well-Known Member

Oh man I'm the same way. If only I made that connection sooner. I would of loved my Tzeentch army more. Now I miss it haha.

Dracorex and Dr.Doom like this.
  15. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Order: Seraphon ( but i do have 1100 pts of fyreslayers as a back up lol)
    Chaos: torn between Khorne and Slaanesh… I really like the concept, fluff and model range of the fighting god... but the hedonites are just OP...
    Death: honestly... prolyl try out the Ossiarchs. not really interested in the other factions
    Destruction: Orrucks, Iron jaws.... I would paint them reverse to look like John deer tractors instead of catipillars, with yellowed skin instead of green skin.

Schwaaah, Dr.Doom and Imrahil like this.
  16. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

That sounds interesting!

Dr.Doom likes this.
  17. Brandfas Machine
    Skink

Brandfas Machine Active Member

Order: Besides Seraphon, it'd be Cities of Sigmar; I have this idea of making a Tempest's Eye army of Steam Tank battleline backed by a Kharadron Ironclad and Gyrobombers/copters, do a real kitbash job to turn the Steam Tanks more Khardron-oriented.

Chaos: A real tough toss up between Skaven and Tzeentch. The Skaven as a culture interest me far more, but the Tzeentch models are just sooooo gooood. I would have a ton of fun blending insane rainbow technicolor patterns onto the Tzeentch stuff.

Death: As it stand, none of the Death factions have a huge allure to me in their playstyle, so I'd have to pick Nighthaunt, again, because I love those ghost models. GW did a real bang up job with them.

Destruction: I'm actually wanting to start a Destruction army and I'm horribly horribly torn between pretty much all the available factions. Despite the Beastclaw Raiders being extraordinarily suboptimal right now, they have a great aesthetic, I like small unit size armies, and I like cavalry. The Gloomspite Gitz have an incredible range with the new sculpts and their mechanics look like a ton of fun. Finally, the Bonesplitterz would be a ton of fun, especially with the new rules. I'm just bitter that they they're probably going to squat base Greenskinz. If I had to pick right now for the sake of this thread, I think I'd pick Gloomspite Gitz.

Schwaaah, Womboski, Imrahil and 2 others like this.
  18. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

I have recently seen a Khardron Ironclad being kitbashed more Steam Tank-oriented, looked amazing.

Gr, Imrahil

Womboski likes this.
  19. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Order: Seraphon first and foremost, of course ;) But I really would like to get into Idoneth Deepkin at some point, when I have the funds. I love sea creatures and aquatic-themed characters and armies, so they really appeal to me.

Chaos: Honestly, I really don't like Chaos much in general. I'd probably pick Tzeentch because I like magic.

Death: Unless they decide to bring back Tomb Kings, probably Nighthaunt, because an army of ghosts is just cooler than an army of skeletons.

Destruction: Difficult pick between Ironjawz and Beastclaw Raiders.

Womboski and Warden like this.
  20. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Whelp I have to change my destruction answer, as I picked up a BCR start collecting from a guy on the Facebook sales page. pre-painted decently and just a little over the actual cost of the box. also looking online BCR has some decent rules now.

LizardWizard and Womboski like this.