1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some questions...

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Cuauhtémoc, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Cuauhtémoc
    Saurus

Cuauhtémoc New Member

Hi guys, I'm currently building my own army and as I only got a battalion and not so much money to spare, I decided to do a bit of converting and creating some of the models.
    I'v got two dinosaur toys, a stegadon and a predator, both quite resembling the Lizzie's steg and carno.
    my plan is to make myself an eotg and put my skink priest on top, but how should I do it? Should I get rid of the priest's base and glue it onto the steg? I doubt a priest on a base standing on the back of the steg would look authentic...
    Now, for the predator: He's pretty big, almost too much for a carno, but I don't know what size should the base be, can you tell me? I've started to work on the oldblood, using spare parts of my Cav, Teg, and Saurus, and he's coming out very cool. I just don't want the carno to ruin the impression.

Any suggestions?

2. ColdBlood666
    Chameleon Skink

ColdBlood666 New Member

So what kind of "toys" are these exactly? like little kid dinosaur toys?

3. Cuauhtémoc
    Saurus

Cuauhtémoc New Member

These toys are like "cool" little kids toys, and both are sort of the same size as the actual models.
    They are both painted, but I'm going to repaint them as they are very very ugly.
    When I'll learn how I'll upload some pictures of them.

4. Quetzal
    Jungle Swarm

Quetzal New Member

Well unfortunately we can't really give you much feedback without pictures.
    I do reckon that no matter what take away your skink priest's base as that would make it look rather silly.

5. Trevy the Great
    Skink

Trevy the Great New Member

http://www.pyramidvault.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4043
    Wappellious built some very good scratch-built stegadons and howdas in the above link. He used a great deal of plasticard in the construction, but other than that I'm not sure.

6. Cuauhtémoc
    Saurus

Cuauhtémoc New Member

Tomorrow I'll post some pictures of the dinosaurs, and (in hope) of my oldblood as well.
    Another question: Is tin really a good stuff for sculpting the howdah?

7. Cuauhtémoc
    Saurus

Cuauhtémoc New Member

Well, as I promised, here are some pictures of the steg and carno.
    The steg was missing one front leg, there was simply a round hole where it was used to be, so I stuck
    some hard stuff in the hole, covered it in greenstuff, scratched it a bit and, WOHALA: My own three legged
    ancient steg!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2120&id=100000429683514