1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gallery Spawning of Bob - Lizi Lizi Lizi - Oi Oi Oi

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by spawning of Bob, Jul 31, 2013.

1. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Bob has a confession to make. Many of you have commented on the terrible name "Ripperdactyl". As you shall see, its all Bob's fault.

A little background,
    Anyhow, GW were having some trouble finalizing designs for the 8th Ed Lizardmen Book, so PhatMoFo (as terrible concepts department boss) asked if Bob could help out.

The main reason Bob was chosen was because Jeremy Vetock had correctly indicated that Australustria was the hardest core place on earth and that therefore Bob must be the Badass-est graphic designer specializing in Warhammer Lizardmen Stick Figure Parody.

This is a natural assumption if you consider the Australustrian environment and culture.

Welcome to Australustria
    oj4v.jpg
    As you can see, Drop Bears, the Raptaroo and the spiny echidnadon are all common local hazards.

Sulphur Crested Cockatrice
    4pze.jpg
    We keep these as pets.

Black Tip Poison
    blacktip.jpg
    We eat this stuff on toast.

Even Daughter of Bob has illustrated some local nasties.
    z57e.jpg
    The kookaburraptor, on the right, is particularly terrifying, as it is a reptile hunter. I get my kids to throw sticks at them if they perch on the clothes line.

If you come to visit Bob in Australustria, don't even think about going swimming.

To cut a long story short, Seb Perbet, who has my work all over his bedroom walls, begged and pleaded for some design cues to get him started. So I obliged.

Sydneyharbourbridgadon and Operasaurus
    iuaz.jpg
    As you can see, I tried to keep the Australustrian influence low key, but as they say "you can take the (He) man out of the (He) country......."

I also put my foot down with the writers and insisted that they include a real bastard of a buff wagon.
    3om0.jpg
    The concept did end up altered just a little in the final execution of the solar engine, and Robin Cruddace decided it would scare the kiddies if we used that naughty word. So now we have the Bastilodon.

They already had my early design work for the Couatl multi kit (first posted 24 May 2013)
    multid.jpg (Please note the forked tail. You saw it here first)

And then the unthinkable happened. When the team mentioned they were considering some harder reptilian flyers, I exclaimed, "Ripper Darryl !" in typical Australustrian idiom. It must have been a bad Skype connection and before I knew it Jeremy Vetock had adopted the name "Ripperdactyl" and could not be dissuaded.

So sorry guys. Now we've got Ripperdactyls. But only temporarily: they shouldn't last beyond turn 2.

Paradoxical Pacifism and Warden like this.
  2. Animaux
    Saurus

Animaux Member

EPIC i wish for a casket of the old ones (proberly needing a more lizzard sounding name though)

i really like the sydney ophera house basiladon

3. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

This was amazing, especially the Sydneyharbourbridgadon and Operasaurus - a smile even broke through my cold, icy exterior.

I've been to Australustria and can verify all these findings: whilst in the Jungle I bumped into 3 Chaoswarys! I even nearly walked into a Golden Orb Weaver's web, the blighter. The worst bit was by far the Sun: it just dosen't suit my North-European skin. It's fair to say Chotec is on my bad list.

We also have your 'Black Tip poison' in United Lustriadom, but the orginal version ;) however we tend to feed it to our Hunting Warhounds to ensure they have a better chance of taking those foxes down on a 6.

4. IronJaw
    Cold One

IronJaw Member

Great stuff BoB!

I liked the Sydneyharbourbridgadon and Operasaurus... And the Casket of the Cold Ones... ;)

5. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

If you cover every inch of your exposed pasty white flesh with Bovril, you should be able to field the solar engine. This will have the unfortunate side effect that the warhounds will now hunt you. Tally - Ho!

Of course, you won't be missing the casket of cold ones, as you like your beer warm.....

6. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

No ales are served at room temperature unless they're Cask Ales! Whilst bitter has a better flavour at nearish room temperature. You can keep your Casket of Cold ones, I'd rather have my Home-Brew Bastiladon!

7. rychek
    Troglodon

rychek Active Member

Just when the doom and gloom of the new release is peaking, Bob saves the day! :D

8. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Bob, you're a genius,

Casket of Cold Ones: Range 6", Strength 3, Ignores Armor. Roll the Artillery Dice to see how many Cold Ones are thrown. A Misfire results in a drunken Skink fight and the crew is subject to Animosity for a turn. I f a wound is inflicted, roll a D6 for the target unit. 1: unit is subject to Hatred of your army, 2-4: unit is subject to Stupidity, 5-6: unit is subject to Animosity.

9. PlasmaDavid
    Kroxigor

PlasmaDavid Active Member

This is... beautiful.

I assume Skinks dip their weapons in Vegemite?

10. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

Im in love with this!

The OperaSaurus is your best one so far BoB :D

11. lizardmen98
    Saurus

lizardmen98 Member

If you feed a saurus Marmite less than a few hours after it is born it gets +1 toughness.

12. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

Marmite? Not Bovril?

That'll put scales on their chests...

13. lizardmen98
    Saurus

lizardmen98 Member

Marmite flavoured Bovril (oh noes! The space time continueum!)

14. PlasmaDavid
    Kroxigor

PlasmaDavid Active Member

"Casket of the Cold Ones"

How did I miss this the first time around? PMSL :D

15. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

The space time continuum is mysterious like that. Check out n810's moustache.

SoB

n810 likes this.
  16. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member