1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Starstrike: Seraphon v Cities of Sigmar

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by LordBaconBane, Dec 1, 2019.

1. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

I battled against Cities of Sigmar today. It was a fun (although short lived game). If you'd like to see the list, here is is:

unknown.png

My opponents army looking all setup and cool:

OpponentArmy.jpg

Battle Details:

Battleplan: Starstrike.
    Mortal Realm: None

Let's start the battle!

Turn 1a CoS

Deployment.jpg
    A fairly uneventful turn. My opponent did not have any spell casters so he moved his army closer to the center of the map where the objective would spawn. His Free Guild Handgunners, specifically the Long Rifle guy, managed to score a 2 damage shot against my Slann, Fruita Jas.

Turn 1b Seraphon

My Slann wasn't happy about that shot against him. I used rolled a 3 on my celestial configuration (+1 to spell casting) and dropped a revenge Metoer on the Handgunner unit, scoring 4 mortal wounds. I used two spells for summoming points, bringing it to 7. My Starpriest also casted Stellar Tempest on the other Handgunners, killing four in the unit.

Turn 2a Seraphon

Double turn! An objective landed near my skinks. I used a command point to give my Slann protection vs ranged. I teleported some units around and casted a meteor on some dwarves and missed. I saved the rest of my spell points, bringing my total to 14. I also landed a thicc Stellar Tempest, scoring 6 of 10 possible wounds vs some dwarves. My skinks did some light fire vs some dwarves but failed to hit anything. I was thinking of dropping my Terradon's by I felt the positioning wasn't perfect at the moment. I scored 2 points.

Turn 2b CoS

My opponent was still pretty far from me. He split his army in two. The dwarf king lead a group of dwarves and handgunners to my left side of the map and his Freeguild General with dwarves, pikes, and handgunners to the other side. He took some shots at my skinks, doing a few wounds, and missed against my Slann (I imagine his Gift of the Heavens shield deflecting bullets). My opponent also did two damage to my Star Preist. My opponent scored 2 points.

Turn 3a CoS

Cities double turn! Uh oh. The second objective landed right by his Dwarf Lord's force. My opponent consolidated that group of models towards the objective, making it a tough objective to snag. He managed to charge into my skinks, fully wiing the unit. Something crazy happened though! He fought against my Skink Starpriest, whom was near my Skinks at the time. My Starpriest rolled 3 sixes on his hit rolls but 3 1s on his wound rolls. Awesome and heart breaking at the same time. The Starpriest survived combat with 1 wound. My opponent scored 4, making it 6-2 in his favor.

20191130_174032.jpg

Turn 3b Seraphon

My opponent had split hi army in two blocks, making it the perfect time to drop in my Terradons. I teleported my Slann behind his right flank, teleported my Starpriest to safety (who missed his stellar tempest...). I did not cast any spells from my Slann, so I then had 24 points and prepared to summon in a Carnosaur wit. Unfortunately the store mamanger asked us to pack up a bit early as he had to take care of a family thing. So while I didn't get to do a Terradon drop, my opponent was thoroughly scared of both a Carnosaur summon and a Terradon drop on his right flank. We called it GG right here.

-- End of Game--

What I learned?

Cities of Sigmar can field a lot of 1 wound models. His infantry block was certainly nothing to sneeze at, so I felt it was best to keep my distance, build points, and go in deep. It was a fun but short game (only about an hour and twenty minutes). Hoping to face against this army again!

Bonus Grudges??

I added some grudges to the book! Apparently, these were my 'crimes'

1. Being lizards
    2. Casting magic
    3. Attacking Dwarves (no mention of the Freeguild allies though...)
    4. Teleporting (Summoming would have been #5 but we didn't get that far).

knave, Nazqua and Lizerd like this.
  2. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

seems like you had a blast sorry it got cut short. I do have one question about your turn 1 meteor cast. how did you do 4 mortal wounds? the max is 3.

Nazqua likes this.
  3. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

I was running a Slann with Meteoric Convocation, which is CV 7, 8 d6 5+ 1 mortal wound. You're thinking of Kroaky boiz Comet's Call, which is CV 7, D3 (or D6 if CV >= 10) units, d3 mortal wounds.

ILKAIN likes this.
  4. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

sure was. never heard Meteoric Convocation called dropping a comet on someone before, but have heard it repeatedly for Kroaks spell, so it threw me off.

5. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

Not to be that guy, but I did say revenge Meteor ;)

ILKAIN likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

pretty weird, considering that ATM they are amongst the strongest spellcasters in the game.
    Do you remember which city you opponent was using? (well, certainly not hallowheart)

7. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

I believe it was Greywater Fastness. My opponent is relatively new to Cities and also forgot his Runelord at home so he subbed in another unit. It clearly wasn't an optimal army but more of a thematic one, as that is how he prefers to play. I'm hoping to do my own thematic army against him soon.

Killer Angel likes this.