1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Start of My Lizardmen (Oldblood and almost finished EOTG)

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Sart, May 6, 2009.

1. Sart
    Saurus

Sart New Member

Hi guys.

Well here it is the Pictures of I promised of my newly Finished Oldblood and Almost finished Eotg (Missing 2 crew and the base is unfinished although the base will be pretty much identical to oldbloods base)

Cheers Please feel free to critique etc I am always looking to improve technique etc.

ENGINE OF THE GODS

OLDBLOOD

Ok just a quick breakdown on the motivation behind my model selection and color scheme.

I have had a very long love affair with 4th and 5th Edition Lizardmen models My Armies saurus always inc the old 5th edition battle boxset Saurus warriors converted to make them alittle more dynamic (I just love the sorrowful almost bored expression they all have) The Oldblood I always felt must tower above his fellow lizardmen and the smaller saurus models fit the bill perfectly (atm current range of saurus characters vanish into the ranks and dont really stand out) The paint Scheme of the whole army will only have 1 unifying factor and that is the yellowy Green Scales the Saurus will be a Brown color with a paler face and stomach the Shields will be painted a Obsidian with greyish blue highlights. I want the whole army to basicly be a riot of color each unit type standing out yet tying in. Its a scheme I have done in the past with some success and hope to replicate it.

My Engine of the Gods is a project of love. I hate the new models they look like the baby Dino from that Dinosaur show ("Dont hit the Baby") as much as I love that show and that baby I dont think the parrellel is one that will send shivers of fear down the backs of my oponents (I hear instead "oh how cute"...) The older Steg is Meaner Leaner and looks ready to rip a hole through a bloodthirster.

The idea behind it was basicly a walking Alter to Sotek (Hence the red Skink Driver and the various snake symbols) I wanted to depict a sacrfice in progress with the Skink priest invoking Soteks wrath. I got the Dead grey seer from a left over tenihui base I had lying around and after some extremely tough filing carving and manipulation I got the model to look like it fits in. Unfortunately I wasnt happy with how the remainder crew came out so they have been stripped back and are being re-done. I hope you guys like it and I look foward to bringing you more of my work over the comming months. :bored:

Oh and sorry about the Pics I dont take the best pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Isn't that oldblood from reaper? I was going to use him as a Kroxigor

3. Sart
    Saurus

Sart New Member

Yup the Draconian model I have converted him a little. Ie adding GW shield and Weapon + giving his legs a tweek so he had a slimer stance and can fit onto the base.

:p

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Looks cool, great work.

5. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

I have but one criticism about your Engine: I think the horns are positioned oddly. It looks to me like they are blowing in the wind. I haven't seen any pictures of the old 6th edition Steggie for a while, but if I remember correctly, the horns are positioned so that they face forwards, rather than straight up in the air.
    As for your Oldblood, it looks good. Personally, I'm really not a fan of the Reaper minis, but you pulled it off quite nicely here. The shield looks a little puny on him, but there's not a whole lot you can do about that, I suppose.

6. Sart
    Saurus

Sart New Member

I purposely had the Horns twisting in a odd direction (Ever seen old anceint elephants who still have Tusks??)
    Or antelopes with bent horns.

I hate carbon copies (Pet Peeve) Hence why I fiddle with everything.

I agree on the Shield thingy I am trying to get a friend to grenstuff me a huge Stone Shield with Vines and Lizard Glyphs on it for him.

Thanks for the Comments really helps keep me inspired to finish stuff off. :p

7. Sart
    Saurus

Sart New Member

Ok ended up making my Own shield for the oldblood and frankly I am loving the new Shield!!

Here is a Pic dodgy as always but its the best I can manage for now.

Attached Files:

8. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Wow that looks very cool, how did you make it?

9. Sart
    Saurus

Sart New Member

Its part Stone Resin Base from Back to Basix and then Little bits and peices from various Lizard models...
    All in all it really adds to the Imposing Model. :bored:

10. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Nice shield

11. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Yep, the new shield is much better looking on the oldblood than the other one. Nice touch :)