1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARWARS THE CLONE WARS LEAVING NETFLIX!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DeathBringer125, Mar 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

When I went to watch the next episode of a clone Wars I saw it was being pulled off March 26th!
    I now invoke the name of @ravagekitteh

2. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

I’m in the UK where it has never been on Netflix, so it isn’t really much of a blow for me, but it looks like you’re in for a binge watch if there are some you haven’t seen yet! After it’s gone, you might have to go down the same route I have and get the full box set. Having the actual discs also gives you loads of featurettes and other bonus parts, so in my opinion it is worth it.

EDIT: It’s likely due to Disney’s upcoming streaming service, which is also going to have some brand new episodes, so if you’re willing to shell out for that, then it shouldn’t be too much of a problem (all I will say is that they’d better bloody well release the episodes here in the UK!)

3. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

just finished rewatching it. The moves the date till tomorrow but I already watched it all lol.

4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Indeed. Disney would be foolish to lease out all their most popular works. Disney needs to hold on to every scrap of the Star Wars franchise that people still like.

That is an issue with Netflix as a whole. When you get down to it, their suppliers are their competitors. It's a testament to the business savvy of the Netflix team that they are even still in business now.

When streaming was in it's infancy Netflix was able to get away with this because media companies could lease out their old material (which they weren't making any money on anyway) and make some money. Now that more people are trying to compete directly with Netflix they are charging Netflix more for streaming rights or saying no outright.

5. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

At the same time though, Netflix is so ubiquitous you would probably be hard pressed to find someone that doesn’t have it. The subscription might not be much, but when you have millions of people on it, the numbers start to stack up, to the point where Netflix can even be bigger than some of its smaller suppliers, and can produce high budget exclusives itself.

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

7. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

That's why they are creating so many new shows at such an astonishing rate. Netflix cannot survive if they cannot make their own content. Same with Hulu.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  8. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

I think there is one show Disney would probably pay Netflix to take. The infamous, the hated, the eternally loathed.... Star Wars Holiday Special. Never seen it but I want to lol just to see how awful it is.

9. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Isn't it on YouTube anymore?

10. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Idk maybe I should look lol. Though I’m nervous lol.

11. Aginor
    Slann

It is pretty dire. And actually very boring.

This video has it basically covered:

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Well, looks like not everything in the Original Trilogy era was loved by the majority...
    [​IMG]

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Neither were the Ewoks.

Even I'll admit though that the Star Wars holiday special is worse than anything Disney has produced.

14. Aginor
    Slann

Or C3P0. Some people hated him a lot.

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Some... but not the majority. Overall, C3PO is still a beloved character. I think the majority of SW fans hated the Ewoks.

I'd go as far as to say that everyone hated the Holiday Special (at the very least I have never heard of anyone enjoying it). Have any of you ever met a person who liked it?

16. Aginor
    Slann

No, not one.
    There are small parts that are somewhat enjoyable, most people name the Boba Fett story. But i have never met anyody who liked it as a whole.
    Perhaps a small kid could, but they enjoy all kinds of insufferable stuff so that doesn't say a lot.

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

...when the credits roll and it is finally over.

18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Imagine if it had been the Ewoks that were in the Holiday Special and the Wookiees that were in Episode VI - the murder bears could have been sentenced to rot in the Holiday Special and there could have been some actually decent fighters beating the Stormtroopers in Return of the Jedi as well as everyone seeing where Chewie came from. Everyone would be happy!

Aginor and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That would have been amazing. It is a shame that Lucas abandoned his original idea of using Wookies in the Episode VI battle. I think that is why the battle on Kashyyyk was included in the prequels. Having it (Wookies) in Episode VI however, would have alleviated the goofiness that plagued what should have been the dramatic finale of the OT.

The murder bears, as you put it, would have fit in perfectly in the holiday special.